New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Need Help with Comcast Tv/Movie online Videos

Contributor

Need Help with Comcast Tv/Movie online Videos

Queen-Evie wrote:

I just had a thought.

I want you to pick a video from the Comcast site. When you get the black screen look up at your address bar on the right side. Do you see a blue circle with a line through it?

address bar.PNG

If it is there, LEFT click and disable.  See if you can view the video.

Hi Queen-Evie

There was no Blue icon like you showed in your post. I thought you had something there..

what is that.... and why don't I have it.... or is that a good thing ?

I will try anything at this point....  Someone had suggested I try Firefox... I have not yet... when I went to their site to check it out...I was reading hundreds of Firefox members recently saying, since Flash Player did an update to version 11.3.300.257 they have not been able to view online videos in Comcast  Youtube and places.

They said that any venues that are having issues showing videos should contact Flash Player and advise them of the problem their members are having ... since ( on the Foxfire website/forum )  Flash Player is now aware of Foxfire haveing a problem... they are trying to find what in that update is giving problems tto Foxfire using  IE8/up and other browsers. 

So, IE7 is not effected by the Flash Player update, but IE7 is not that good to use since many sites do not support it and does not work well for visuals on the sites...I don't know of any way to have both

IE7 and IE8 on a single computer... to use IE7 just for watching these Videos until they fix it...

Wish we could take a pole to see how many are having issues and not having issues with the browser they are using  for Xfinity tv and movie online videos... and just see if it related to the updating of Flash Player to 11.3.300.257 and if they haven't updated to that version of Flash Player, what version might be working for them

Thanks Queen-Evie...  Any more suggestions... please let me know.... 

Tags (1)
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation