Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER! =(

New Poster

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER! =(

I am traveling , and currently in Europe. I was told by Customer service that I would be able to watch on-line. However I am being blocked and told that service outside of the US is not available/Authorized. It would have been nice to know that before I left the USA. COMCAST customer care should not give out incorrect information... NOT A HAPPY CAMPER HERE! =(

Problem Solver

Re: NOT A HAPPY CAMPER! =(

Yeah, unfortunately sounds like you spoke with a representative who didn't quite know the right answer (which is sad and bad, but not all that uncommon unfortunately, and pretty much in any industry).  Comcast's service is a US service and can only be accessed within US.  You can potentially use some proxy or VPN online to make it look like you are within US and maybe be able to access it that way, but that's more or less it.

Problem Solver

Here is a link about using a VPN to watch the american version of netflix.

http://jordanfried.com/how-to-watch-netflix-in-europe/

Netflix actually has service in lots of countries, and if you have a US account, it will by default give you the catalog of the country you are in, so you would get the programs for the nordic version in Denmark.

If you want the full US catalog you need to do some VPN.

New Poster

Thank You. I will try it =)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation