Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

NHL Center Ice in HD

Regular Visitor

NHL Center Ice in HD

Sorry for opening a new topic, however I can't seem to reply to any of the current forum entries discussing this topic.

I just got off the phone with Comcast Rep Tiara, who was able to give me this answer to the question, Will I be able to watch all NHL Center Ice games in HD?

Response: "Only select games in select markets will have games available in HD".

This is unbelievable when the NHL clearly broadcasts every game in HD and has started, in Canada, to broadcast 2016-17 season games in 4k.  Hockey is a sport that significantly benefits from HD or better technology because of the speed of the puck, why would Comcast continue to broadcast games in Standard Definition when HD is clearly available?

There are forum threads going back several years on this subject, how can Comcast keep ignoring this customer request?

I am now on the verge of breaking away from Comcast after just having moved to them because of the Xfinity platform.  I am not alone in this sentiment, there are plenty of other hockey fans filling this forum with disastrous stories concerning Comcast and NHL Center Ice (incorrect blackouts, multiple feed selections, SD vs HD, etc).

Time for Comcast to step it up!

Official Employee

Re: NHL Center Ice in HD

RedWing9_13 wrote:

Sorry for opening a new topic, however I can't seem to reply to any of the current forum entries discussing this topic.

I just got off the phone with Comcast Rep Tiara, who was able to give me this answer to the question, Will I be able to watch all NHL Center Ice games in HD?

Response: "Only select games in select markets will have games available in HD".

This is unbelievable when the NHL clearly broadcasts every game in HD and has started, in Canada, to broadcast 2016-17 season games in 4k.  Hockey is a sport that significantly benefits from HD or better technology because of the speed of the puck, why would Comcast continue to broadcast games in Standard Definition when HD is clearly available?

There are forum threads going back several years on this subject, how can Comcast keep ignoring this customer request?

I am now on the verge of breaking away from Comcast after just having moved to them because of the Xfinity platform.  I am not alone in this sentiment, there are plenty of other hockey fans filling this forum with disastrous stories concerning Comcast and NHL Center Ice (incorrect blackouts, multiple feed selections, SD vs HD, etc).

Time for Comcast to step it up!

Apologies for any incorrect information you may have received.

NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) is expected to return and be available this week (just as we had last season).

XFINITY X1 customers with an NHL Center Ice subscription and an XFINITY TV package that includes HD service will be able to watch all of the games in HD.

If you have X1 and subscribe to NHL Center Ice, the expectation is that all games will be available (again) in HD via the app on the X1 box.

Details at the link above on how to get there. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/NHL-Center-Ice-HD-Beta-Trial-X1/m-p/2875571

Closing this thread. Please add any comments in the thread above. Thanks!  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation