Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

NEW WAY TO WATCH TV

Regular Contributor

NEW WAY TO WATCH TV

At the online tv listings I'm now getting a red bar across the top [Xfinity TV is the new way to watch] button

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings

But when I click on the [Get Started] the webpage hangs at [Adding device ...]   

https://tv.xfinity.com/adding-device

??

Problem Solver

Re: NEW WAY TO WATCH TV

Hi robertmf,

To watch Xfinity TV on other devices you will have to log in your Comcast account and add the devices on the account. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

The new way is complete garbage.  Just read the posts. Nobody can watch anything because it always says you have to be on your home network even when you ARE ON YOUR HOME NETWORK!

Service Expert

Klawdek wrote:

The new way is complete garbage.  Just read the posts. Nobody can watch anything because it always says you have to be on your home network even when you ARE ON YOUR HOME NETWORK!

Were you logged into your Comcast account?  I do not get that message.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Robert:

I am just trying to get a clarification of your reply.

Are you saying that in addition to signing in our Comcast account to add the additional device being used by the app, it would then be necesary to sign into our account each time before being able to use the app?

Regular Contributor

[XFINITY TV Is The New Way To Watch! Get Started > ]

On my desktop PC Is a red bar across the webpage at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings.   When I click on the [Get Started] the page hangs.   Yes, I am logged in

On my android tablet app there is no mention of anything "new way to watch"

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you need more info.  

Problem Solver

Sorry!

I meant RobertWY's last reply, to your post. It seems a little confusing.

Regular Contributor

Smiley Wink  Welcome to the club Smiley Happy   

Frequent Visitor

If you are on your tablet you may need to get the Xfinity TV app from the play store.  The web player needs Flash to work.

Problem Solver

robertmf:

Did you ever your android device actually connected on your account with the Comcast computer?

The computer program should have given feed-back that the addition of the device was successful. That being said, did you go back to Comcast  site to be signed in?

Sign-in may be simillar to getting on the forum. If you sign in the Comcast first on the home-page, you are still required to hit sign-in icon on forum home-page to pick up your forum name before doing replies.

Problem Solver

Regarding this "new way" to watch tv:  Why would I want to go from this view:

channel listing.PNG

to this view:

channel listing new way.PNG

New view 2 viewing hours vs. 5 --  white on black background murder on my eyes..  

Who dreams up these new offerings/changes??  These are views from my Win 7, Chrome browser, pc, the only medium I use for comcast's tv guide.  

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor

Yes. The android tablet app works fine and shows my [Favorites] tv
listings; which is what I want.

Once I click on the red bar [Get Started] at the top of the online
tv-listings I get the [Sign in]. I sign in and get [Xfinity Adding device]
which hangs
Problem Solver

It looks like the new app is not compatilble with your android device. The reason it fails on installation.

Maybe a good thing since others here don't like the new app. I would just give up on this new app. Un-check the box claiming your original problem was solved since it was not correct in your case. You could wave the white flag of surrender and check this option as solved, or just leave this post as unsolved.

.Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor

Flash is totally deprecated   

Regular Contributor

Best answer Smiley Wink   

Regular Contributor

And as I said in another thread, I used the site to:

view TV listings and the new one is horrible.

Set recordings on my DVR: I see no way to do this on the new verions

Manage my DVR: Same

Frequent Visitor

Just currious are you running Chrome for your browser?

robertmf wrote:

At the online tv listings I'm now getting a red bar across the top [Xfinity TV is the new way to watch] button

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings

But when I click on the [Get Started] the webpage hangs at [Adding device ...]   

https://tv.xfinity.com/adding-device

??

Regular Contributor

I tried both chrome and firefox  

Regular Contributor

I'm running Chrome and the page loads properly, it just doesn't do what I need it to

Regular Contributor

How many times will I have to click, "Not Now"

Frequent Visitor

I noticed that the video will never start playing for me using Chrome.  Chrome uses a version of Flash bundled with the browser and it appears the Xfinity TV does not like this version of Flash. 

Service Expert

Ray2230 wrote:

I noticed that the video will never start playing for me using Chrome.  Chrome uses a version of Flash bundled with the browser and it appears the Xfinity TV does not like this version of Flash. 

Hmm.  I use Chrome on my Win7Pro box.  It seems to work for me.

This is the URL I am using. Is it what you are using?

https://tv.xfinity.com/listings

(I assume you are referring to live TV?)

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

NOT NOW. MAKE IT WORK OR MAKE IT GO AWAY

ScreenHunter_814 Jul. 29 17.51.jpg

Regular Contributor

ScreenHunter_821 Aug. 02 20.34.jpg

AGAIN. NO THANKS

Service Expert

dbvirago wrote:

ScreenHunter_821 Aug. 02 20.34.jpg

AGAIN. NO THANKS

No picture.  Try reducing the size.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

I keep choosing small size when I upload. Do you know what the size limit is?

Regular Contributor

Still keep having to click on Not Now. Still doesn't control DVR or able to set recordings. Still don't know why they are pushing an app that's not ready for prime time. 

Regular Contributor

And once again. NOT NOW. No improvement to the new site, and as someone else posted, the old site is losing support. Seeing TBD fill up more and more time slots. If I can't use Xfinity.com to manage my DVR, I don't need it. 

Regular Contributor

[quote]

Flash is totally deprecated   [/quote]

Comcast still requires flash even to navigate to this forum from the old interface.  THe only way I could get here without updating flash is with a direct link.  Comcast is still flash happy!

Regular Visitor

I want Xfinity/Comcast to Effin STOP ASKING ME ABOUT A NEW WAY TO WATCH...Please!

I am Sick of that Pop Up Window when I have REPETEDLY clicked NO THANKS....

Just STOP IT!

Thank you!

Regular Contributor

Why is this thread marked as solved? It isn't solved. To solve it, make the new app work or stop asking us to try it.

NOT NOW

Regular Contributor

Hey guess what! If you haven't seen the NEW WAY TO WATCH TV pop up on your screen in the last couple of hours, you can click on the More Info link in the corner.

It won't give you More Info, it will just give you the NEW WAY TO WATCH TV pop up again. 

Thanks, Comcast

Regular Contributor

And every time you go back to see if the NEW WAY TO WATCH TV actually does anything, you get 

Time to name your device

again!

I only had to name my dog once. Why is it 

Time to name your device

every day?

Regular Contributor

dbvirago wrote:

Why is this thread marked as solved? It isn't solved. To solve it, make the new app work or stop asking us to try it.

NOT NOW

In any forum anywhere never look at threads marked solved expecting to find a solution.  In fact if you are looking for a solution specifically AVOID THREADS MARKED SOLVED.   They are the least likely threads to contain a solution.

Regular Contributor

And they continue to break the old site. Just logged in and I'm in some random zip code and all my favorites are gone. 

And on every channel where I try to add a favorite, I get an error message There was a problem saving your preferences

I wouldn't mind if the new system worked but IT DOES NOT

Regular Contributor

So haven't seen any responses from Comcast on this subject. Every time I have to click Not Now, I see the paragraph where they are going to 'roll this out to all users soon." Can anyone tell us if they are going to make this useful before they roll it out? 

How are users going to control their DVRs or set recordings when/if they roll this out? 

Problem Solver

There is nothing right with this new way!!!!!   I guess comcast is waiting for subscribers to load it, use it  and find the errors and bugs as they do so many times with all the new and innovative programs they throw at us..    

They are unable to reinvent the wheel, I wish they would stop.!!    

ciao, bj

Problem Solver

There have been close to 1800 views on this complaint since it opened two months ago. Not a peep from a Comcast employee. That either means they have the vast majority of customers using the site and not complaining, or they have one big problem in trying to fix the program.

You only have a few choices:

1. Exchange your current boxes, remotes, at the nearest service center.

2. Make sure all cables are connected to proper ports and tightened properly (no loose connector on either end of each cable). Are you using the latest rated HDMI cables?

3. You make your voice heard the only way they really listen. Spend your money on an alternate source than your local cable.

Since the company always threatens to charge your account if they come out,and (they decide) the problem was your setup, you have to decide if the overall service is worth keeping.

I don't use this app so it is not important in my assessment of Comcast.

Regular Visitor

The new way is horrible. I can get it to work ok, shows me the channel guide and I can watch shows, however the quality is much much worse then the old way and I cannot make the screen full screen like I could on the original.

Regular Contributor

I'll be going with option 1 on Friday. I quit Verizon last year for the same reason. They both probably have the best product, but when they stop caring with their long time paying customers think, I'm gone. I've been with both companies since they first entered the Atlanta market. And now I'm not.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 39 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 10 in conversation