Frequent Visitor

MyDVR and DVR Manager

When will these features be available for Minneapolis, zip code 55432.  -Lance

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: MyDVR and DVR Manager

lanceadamz wrote:

When will these features be available for Minneapolis, zip code 55432.  -Lance

DVR Manager is expected to be available to all of our Scientific-Atlanta and Cisco branded DVRs by the end of the year. 

We have already started the site by site activation (DVR Manager requires some additional new guide software and some infrastructure to be activated).

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply.  So there is no specific date for the Minneapolis area?

Official Employee

lanceadamz wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  So there is no specific date for the Minneapolis area?

Minnesota customers with Cisco or Scientific-Atlanta branded DVRs should now have access to DVR Manager; we just recently updated the guide code there for DVRs. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I am getting conflicting info, this is what I was told tonight while chatting online with support: 

"Nida:  Customers in Scientific Atlantic markets will be able to download the app and use the search and discover features, as well as, the Play Now features.  The functionality to tune to the cable box is not available in this first generation app but is expected to be available in later 2012 or early of 2013."

Who has the correct info?

Official Employee

lanceadamz wrote:

I am getting conflicting info, this is what I was told tonight while chatting online with support: 

"Nida:  Customers in Scientific Atlantic markets will be able to download the app and use the search and discover features, as well as, the Play Now features.  The functionality to tune to the cable box is not available in this first generation app but is expected to be available in later 2012 or early of 2013."

Who has the correct info?

Most all of the Cisco and Scientific-Atlanta DVRs in Minnesota just recently had DVR Manager added earlier this month. All Cisco RNG 200s and SA 8300 DVRs in MN now can use DVR Manager.

Other DVR models are being added weekly on a rolling schedule in MN.

Have you tried to sign in to http://xfinity.comcast.net/ to activate? Select TV Listings and then DVR Manager, that should log you in right away to your DVRs.

Please let me know or call 1-800-COMCAST if you still can't activate your DVRs (provided they are either an RNG 200 or a SA 8300). .

The additional features like Caller ID and HSN Shop by Remote are scheduled to be added shortly after Labor Day in the MN area. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I verified that my boxes are both RNG200N.  I went to the link you provided using my laptop. After clearing cookies, signing in and going to DVR Manager I get the following message.

DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.

Official Employee

lanceadamz wrote:

I verified that my boxes are both RNG200N.  I went to the link you provided using my laptop. After clearing cookies, signing in and going to DVR Manager I get the following message.

DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.

Thanks for trying that. I have asked that a ticket be opened on your account so that we can get this resolved for you. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

A

Frequent Visitor

Thanks ComcastTeds, I am anxious for a resolution.

Frequent Visitor

Nope, sorry, after several calls with techs and several box resets they have determined that this is NOT available for my area.  They did say they could send a tech out for $25 and add a piece of hardware to make it work. I will opt to wait until year-end/next year when they say this will be working. 

ComcastTeds - What gives? I have spent a lot of time working with tech support on something that is not supposed to work.

Official Employee

lanceadamz wrote:

Nope, sorry, after several calls with techs and several box resets they have determined that this is NOT available for my area.  They did say they could send a tech out for $25 and add a piece of hardware to make it work. I will opt to wait until year-end/next year when they say this will be working. 

ComcastTeds - What gives? I have spent a lot of time working with tech support on something that is not supposed to work.

Yes,DVR Manager is definitely available in your area of MN. I see that the team has been in ongoing contact with you to help troubleshoot.

It appears to be an issue specific to your cable box MAC address and how it is identified in our back office system. 

I've asked that someone locally contact you to see about getting you a new DVR.  Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

It took a while but Mike the tech got it all figured out and we are up and running. My wife used MyDVR from her IPad this morning to schedule all her recordings, she was amazed at how fast and easy it was to do. Thanks to all who didn't give up on this issue! 

Official Employee

lanceadamz wrote:

It took a while but Mike the tech got it all figured out and we are up and running. My wife used MyDVR from her IPad this morning to schedule all her recordings, she was amazed at how fast and easy it was to do. Thanks to all who didn't give up on this issue! 

Glad to hear that you are now set up. Mike G is one the best. Apologies that it took so long, appeared to be a specific equipment issue. Thanks again for your patience.  

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation