New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

MyDVR Manager doesn't recognize my DVR

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

MyDVR Manager doesn't recognize my DVR

Hi,

I had to switch my DVR box and now am unable to access it via MyDVR manager, both on the computer and mobile devices.  The DVR works when accessed via the device, but when I go online, I get this error message, 

"DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are 
unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household."

The correct model and serial number are on the account.  Any suggestions on how to get this working again.  It worked great before I had to switch equipment.

Thanks,

Les

Accepted Solution

Re: MyDVR Manager doesn't recognize my DVR

@ComcastJoe - 

I got a call today from Comcast.  Someone figured out that although my account showed the correct DVR, it was not "registered" to my account.  It was re-registered and now everything is working fine; I can now set recordings via my PC, Android phone, and iPod Touch.  

Thanks for checking for me.

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

what equipment do you have?  Did you go through the set up process again?  look in your box menu and for remote set up, do you see that there, if you do you can delete it. 

Regular Visitor

Have a Motorola RNG200N.  When I log into the webpage for DVR Manager, I get that error message.  

Calls to Comcast/Xfinity support have gotten me 4 different phone numbers to call; 1 is no longer in service, 1 is for Fancast, and the other 2 put me back into the call queue...

I unplugged the RNG200N, waited for quite awhile, then plugged it back in.  Went to Guide Menu, Remote Access Setup. It gives a temporary code and says to input that into the MyDVR Manager webpage.  And MyDVR Manager still says I have no compatible DVR.

Official Employee

grumpyski wrote:

Have a Motorola RNG200N.  When I log into the webpage for DVR Manager, I get that error message.  

Calls to Comcast/Xfinity support have gotten me 4 different phone numbers to call; 1 is no longer in service, 1 is for Fancast, and the other 2 put me back into the call queue...

I unplugged the RNG200N, waited for quite awhile, then plugged it back in.  Went to Guide Menu, Remote Access Setup. It gives a temporary code and says to input that into the MyDVR Manager webpage.  And MyDVR Manager still says I have no compatible DVR.

Our team is further looking into this for you. I will update you when I know more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

@ComcastJoe - 

I got a call today from Comcast.  Someone figured out that although my account showed the correct DVR, it was not "registered" to my account.  It was re-registered and now everything is working fine; I can now set recordings via my PC, Android phone, and iPod Touch.  

Thanks for checking for me.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation