Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

My Xfinity grid for TV listings will not load.

New Poster

My Xfinity grid for TV listings will not load.

When I try to load Xfinity on line TV listings I get an error message that states "trouble loading grid, reload your browser".  However, when I refresh my browser I still can't load the grid or see the listings.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: My Xfinity grid for TV listings will not load.

I am having the same issue. Tried both internet explorer as well as google chrome. same on both. Also it will load 6pm or earlier or 10pm or later.

Update 8:54: It is working on firefox.

Update 8:55: does not work in fire fox for my area. I was looking at one from another area.

Update next day: Still having the issue. It will load the listings 2 hours ahead or 2 hours behind but not the current time frame.

New Poster

I did work with a CommTech today who saw the same problem.  Temporarily we were able to load the grid by selecting Leesburg Standard instead of Leesburg digital when choosing the location for the tv listings.  We did not try a different browser when we saw that temp fix.  The tech felt that Comcast was having a bit of a problem on their end..  Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

online tv schedule error

Seems like every few days I go to the TV schedule and it says "problem loading grid, please reload your browser."  I do this numerous times and the schedule does not appear.  This is rather frustrating as I have no idea why I can't get on to simply see what is on the tellie.

Any suggestions?  Is this an error on Comcast's end?  Are other viewers experiencing the same?

I tried viewing with both Internet Explorer (updated) and Firefox.

New Poster

Unable to load grid for TV Guide

When I go to my TV listings, it just shows a blank page and says it cannot load grid to refresh my browser.

I have refreshed my browser many times, turned PC off and still cannot display by TV Guide. 

Any suggestions?

Tnks,  Jonifi

Contributor

I'm having the same problem. Tried switching from my knoxville location to memphis and the memphis listings loaded. Switched back to knoxville and no listings would load.

New Poster

Online TV Listings Not Available

When accessing the online list, get the following message:

"There was a problem loading the grid, reload your browser."

Not sure what that means, but I have refreshed and get the same message.

Have also tried use Firefox browser but get the same message.

Same problem for 3 days, what's up?

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings?cmpid=xfdash_tvlistings#

New Poster

There was a problem loading the grid, reload your browser.

I am tired of receiving "There was a problem loading the grid, reload your browser." when I go to TV Listing.

Frequent Visitor

Re: There was a problem loading the grid, reload your browser.

You are not alone.

I receive this message no matter how I set up the tv listings and it does not matter what browserI use.

Absolutely rediculous that Xfinty (Comcast ) can not fix the tv listing problems.

Maybe its time to try AT&T UVerse

Calls to Xfinity customer service are no help

Frequent Visitor

Re: Online TV Listings Not Available

I too am having this problem.  Called Comcast technical center and they told me that I need to call
Microsoft and let them know that my machine is not loading the pages that I want and that my
browser needs to be updated.

New Poster

tv guid grid

99% of the time lately I am unable to access the tv guide grid.  Even though it is available in other zip codes.  Why?

Regular Visitor

Re: tv guid grid

I cannot load the grid for 32162.  It will work for another zip but not for the one I need.  I can access the 32162 grid on my android phone but I would like to access it from my pc.  Comcast please fix!!!

Regular Contributor

Same problem here.......it must be widespread.  Using Firefox 15.0.1, but same problem on IE9.

Regular Visitor

Xfinity TV Listing

I have Digital Starter service (zip code 32195) (Comcast Silver Springs Shores Digital)

I'm running Windows 7

I use Google Chrome 

When I try to load the TV line-up listing I get the following message:

How can I get the full line-up on my computer ?

I was working fine before your most recent site upgrade.

Frequent Visitor

Really now - maybe it isn't important to them but it is to me.  They pulled the TV channel from expanded basic service and moved it to the full digital package that I don't care to upgrade to yet (costs way too much with way too many channels than I need or want), and they can't fix the grid error problem?

Comcast, this is day three straight on with no access to your online TV listings... I have always enjoyed your service but this is sad. 

Frequent Visitor

tried something else... but unsure just yet if it's accurate.

On the grid, it says to update and I clicked to do so.  I get four choices - one of which I know doesn't apply to me.

Comcast (Rebuild) cablecard

Comcast (rebuild) digital

Comcast (rebuild) rebuild digital

Comcast (rebuild) rebuild area

I am not on a cablecard and the first rebuild digital is blank but the other two have listings.  I will have to check later to see which is actually working with a correct schedule for me but might be worth it for anyone else with this problem to check out.

I'll post again if I find my own solution that works for me.

Regular Contributor

At 9am, Eastern time, the problem may have been fixed here in NM.

New Poster

Online TV Lisitings Grid Not Loading

Never had a problem with the online TV Listings Grid until 2 days ago.  Now all it will show is "There was a problem loading the grid, reload your browser."  I have tried every fix that has been recommended.  Pretty sure that I will get rid of Comcast and go with another company.  Nothing but problems.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Online TV Lisitings Grid Not Loading

Same problem here in 32308. Used three different browsers

Regular Contributor

Re: Online TV Lisitings Grid Not Loading

Grid is broken on Safari 6 and Firefox 16.

Regular Visitor

Everytime they make "upgrades" or "improvements" to the website they frack it all up and it takes weeks to fix(if it ever gets fixed)......

Typical web developers..... morons with college degrees.

If it works, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!

New Poster

TV listing not working - grid not loading

TV listings will not show no matter how many times I refresh or reboot. 

Tags (1)
New Poster

comcast is really starting to suck they do up dates to their browser and it alwats messed up some how think i'll go to at&t 

New Poster

Hi Joe at Xfinity.com,  Can you please update the community with regards to a solution?  This is an issue with multiple browsers, (IE9, Firefox) and it's been several days without resolution.  The suggestion to reload one's browser is incorrect as it is a Comcast issue.  We would all love to view the TV listings online.  Many thanks!   

Regular Visitor

TV schedule doesn't show up

When I try to view the TV schedule, I get the message "There ws a problem loading your grid, reload your browser."  But reloading the browser, even trying a different browser, does not help.  The same error message appears.  What's going on?  How do I fix it?

Tags (1)
New Poster

Your grid isn't loading.

It tries to blame my browser. I use Chrome and IE, and get the same lame message in both.

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue in Firefox, Crome, Opera, Safari and IE9!!!

New Poster

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings doesn't work in the evenings.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings does not load from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Abq, NM, for the last four days. I am a Comcast customer. Please fix it or I will use TV Guide.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings doesn't work in the evenings.

By the way, I also used another TV/Computer and got the same problem.

New Poster

Re: Your grid isn't loading.

My grid isn't loading either.  I've opened and re-opened my browser. Closed down my browser.  Closed down my comuter and restarted.  I've tried other browsers.  It isn't me.  It is you, Comcast.  What is wrong there?

Frequent Visitor

Also having the same exact problem. I am unable to even change/update the zip code, just hangs without being able to select Enter. Like the majority here, I've emptied the cache, cookies, restarted browser, etc.

Mine happens to be firefox version 16 with fixed version, windows 7. Was working earlier yesterday, so ?

25 people posting, can someone assist?

Frequent Visitor

Also tried in Google Chrome, still cannot change/update Zip Code, and grid is again blank. Never use that browser normally for xfinity nor anything else.

In sum, blank grid and no way of changing or updating zip code for both Firefox and Chrome.

New Poster

Has anybody noticed how comcast is telling us to reboot or change browsers? ........  When one or two people are experiencing a problem, chances are it is with the customers equipment.  BUT.....  When 20,30,50....  how many is it?  Yeah, the problems is on Comcast's end and they need to admit it and fix it.  This is another case of "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT"  Every thing was working great til the Powers That Be decided we needed an upgrade.  Thanks Comcast.

Regular Visitor

I got the same problem.

With Chrome and FireFox.   It started earlier tonight for me.

New Poster

+1 same problem

Official Employee

Re: TV listing not working - grid not loading

tar13 wrote:

TV listings will not show no matter how many times I refresh or reboot. 

Answer the question below so we can further assist you:

What is your zip code and service area?

Have you tried using a different browser?

Have you tried deleting your cookies and cache?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi all,

Please go to your TV Listings page and click Change Location link.

If you listings are set to Comcast Recommended Lineup, please try selecting your service area manually and try again.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hi all,

It has been over 48 hours since the last time someone posted about this issue. Is anyone still seeing this issue?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

The issue had stopped for me by yesterday morning. I didn't have to do ANYTHING so it was definitely something your people were doing to the website that was causing it.

New Poster

I originally started this thread and am no longer having the problem.  Comcast must have fixed it in my area.

Regular Visitor

Well we're glad you started the thread. It's a good place to keep any new complaints about this issue because they break the website quite regularly!

New Poster

TV Listings

Why don't my TV Listing work?  They were OK this morning.  Now I get a meessage "there has been a problem loading the listings.  Please refresh your browser."  I have restarted and brought the browser up again.  Everything works fine ie: news, e-mail, etc.  But still no TV Listings.  Same message.  What is the problem?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: TV Listings

jfm421 wrote:

Why don't my TV Listing work?  They were OK this morning.  Now I get a meessage "there has been a problem loading the listings.  Please refresh your browser."  I have restarted and brought the browser up again.  Everything works fine ie: news, e-mail, etc.  But still no TV Listings.  Same message.  What is the problem?

This was a known issue that we just recently resolved. If you are still seeing this message, please delete your cookies and cache and please try again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Um, that's not true for everyone, apparently. I've got 3 computers with 3-4 different browsers on each - Mac PC Linux - all fail with the exact same stupid message: "There was a problem loading the grid, reload your browser."... Any other thoughts on why Comcast can't make their TV Listings work consistently? Weirdly, Comcast never seems to have a billing problem - just a "delivering paid-for services" problem. Perhaps unlimited access to TV Listings really means that you can only access TV Listings 250x? Kind of like 'unlimited data' means you can only get less than 250GB data without being charged more for more data? In the Comcast universe words mean different things than in the real universe - like 'broken' means 'recently  resolved'...

Official Employee

JSD303 wrote:

Um, that's not true for everyone, apparently. I've got 3 computers with 3-4 different browsers on each - Mac PC Linux - all fail with the exact same stupid message: "There was a problem loading the grid, reload your browser."... Any other thoughts on why Comcast can't make their TV Listings work consistently? Weirdly, Comcast never seems to have a billing problem - just a "delivering paid-for services" problem. Perhaps unlimited access to TV Listings really means that you can only access TV Listings 250x? Kind of like 'unlimited data' means you can only get less than 250GB data without being charged more for more data? In the Comcast universe words mean different things than in the real universe - like 'broken' means 'recently  resolved'...

Are all of these computers on the same network?

Are you logging in with the same account for all? Do you have any secondary log-ins on your account?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Seems to be working fine now.  Thanks Joe!

New Poster

I'm a systems engineer and admin - I've tested your TV Listings from several machines on several different networks. Your TV Listings are hit or miss. I did NOTHING except hit reload for 2hrs and bam it's back and almost working (sort of - all programs after 8pm tonight show TBD still). I guess I should clear my cache again? LOL Telling people to clear cache and other fantasticly useless troubleshooting ideas are great at buying time while you guys fix the real back-end problems. This has nothing to do with my computers or browsers - nothing to do with logins or secondary logins (I have none by the way) - I've tried my account and my brother's account - they are both failing in the same ways from any computer and any network. Sounds like a problem with more than just my browser cache, right? When you have problems with your servers, just say "we know that our servers are having problems and we are working on them" - not "the problem is resolved and now it's your problem because of your computers/logins/browsers/cache"... Honestly, these problems go back years on your forums and your services are still flaky, at best. The only thing flakier is the support we get from Comcast for services that don't work consistently.

Frequent Visitor

I posted on 10/5/2012 and this is still happening off and on, right now as a mater of fact. I agree with JSD303. I have tried 3 different browsers, cleared cache and cookies to no avail. It is certainly on Comcast's end. And sending people on a wild goose chase only makes the problem worse. Heck even saying nothing and not admitting there is a problem on your end has cost me many hours chasing a solution to a problem I don't have. Things break we all know that and I would be a much happier customer if you would just tell the truth and admit it so I can get on with my life.

So does comcast have a problem or do I?

Frequent Visitor

still having issues.

cleared cookies and cache, came back and had the Philly channel lineup - looked good, all the listing showed.

changed location to my zip, clicked OK and got the error message.

this is beyon frustrating at this point

Official Employee

Cathleen1983 wrote:

still having issues.

cleared cookies and cache, came back and had the Philly channel lineup - looked good, all the listing showed.

changed location to my zip, clicked OK and got the error message.

this is beyon frustrating at this point

Try changing your zip code from here under Update Location and then try again.

Also, are you using the Comcast Recommended Lineup or Comcast Tallahassee Digital? 

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats