Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

My X1 DVR cannot be controlled online or from apps.

New Poster

My X1 DVR cannot be controlled online or from apps.

I had an X1 DVR installed last week to replace our Motorolla DVR. What should have been a simple install is now a nightmare. The installer was at our house for over 3hrs. The first box was nothing but trouble and he never received the initialize screen to enter our account number and phone. He gave up and tried a second box. This one did the same but tech support was able to reset the box and he thought everything was set up and ready to go. The weird thing is both DVR's had someone elses recordings on them. I cleared the old recording out and later tried to see if caller ID worked. It doesn't. Everything on the box functions correctly from our living room except the X! apps on the box.. I can see the new equipment on our comcast account page but there is not control of the it from the web interface or the X1 remote or Xfinity app. All of the apps see the X1 box but do not control it or display recordings. I also set up Pandora on our setting page at comcast.com but the App on the box does not recognize that it has been set up. I've spent another few hours on Tech support and actually received a call from Executive Customer care. Their solution is to send technician out with a "new" box . This will be the Third box. Has anyone else had this much trouble getting your X1 to function fully?

New Poster

Re: My X1 DVR cannot be controlled online or from apps.

Yes same problem here...   I went through multiple boxes and still have two TV's that do not work correctly with the standard boxes, when prompt the menu it shrinks the screen, when you press menu again it shrinks even smaller..  Two techs have not been able to figure it out.   I been through 4 boxes and I am also having issues with the application on iPhone, it will not pick up all the boxes I can only find 3 out of the 5 units I have...   Very disappointed..  And if you try to call in the customer experience is even worse as the employees that are troubleshooting are not trained to handle the issues many users are experiencing.

Regular Visitor

Re: My X1 DVR cannot be controlled online or from apps.

You are not alone!! You are one of hundreds of customers that are having nightmares with the X1 box.

Read all the complaints on this message board---you won't have time---because there are too many.

Comcast does not want to admit that the entire system is a piece of junk. They keep saying over and over they are working on it---but it takes time. That's nonsense. Does your computer work, does your tv work, does your dvd player work, does your smartphone work---the answers are YES. If you bought the X1 System at Best Buy, you'd bring it back the next day. Comcast needs to cut their losses, and go to a new manufacturer, and get new engineers or IT guys. This whole thing is a mess, and it has to be costing Comcast money--why don't they just admitt that the issues will never be solved. What part of the country do you live in---I'm in Baltimore. I would love to discuss this with other Comcast customers. There is strength in numbers, and knowledge is power. I'm soooo fed up!! Try emailing me at

kenschreiber  at yahoo dot com.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation