Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

My DVR recordings do not show up on xtv.comcast.net

Regular Visitor

My DVR recordings do not show up on xtv.comcast.net

For some reason, my dvr recordings will not show up when I try to watch them on a PC away from home i.e. over my mother's house.  It works on my tablet, phone and at home.  But my dvr recordings always shows up as empty if I try to watch on any other PC.  How can I get it to sync with my X1 dvr away from home?

Problem Solver

Re: My DVR recordings do not show up on xtv.comcast.net

That seems strange since you said it works at home. You said they don't show up when watching on another PC away from home. Do they show up on your tablet or phone when away from home. Are you sure your PC (away from home) is connected to the right account?

Regular Visitor

Yes, they are all connected to the same sign-in account.

Problem Solver

You still didn't answer the question, do they show up on your tablet or phone when away from home?

You only said they are not showing up on a PC?

If you are home and turn off your wifi on phone, can you still see and access your recordings through 4G/3G/etc?

Regular Visitor

Yes, I can view all dvr recordings on tablet and phone while away from home.  Just not on a PC away from home, which is really weird.  It's like it doesn't update if I'm using any desktop away from home.

Problem Solver

It still sounds to me that you are signed in with the wrong account when using a desktop away from home. Are you 100% sure you're signed into the https://xtv.comcast.net account with the same id you use on the tablet or phone?  Since the web portal doesn't show what account you signed in with, the best thing to do is go to https://xtv.comcast.net/settings and click "Sign Out", then sign in with an account you know works at home.

Also, if you have a laptop that works at home, and you bring it to mom's house, does it not show your DVR recordings? That would prove there is an issue or not.

Krazeehair2 wrote:

Yes, I can view all dvr recordings on tablet and phone while away from home.  Just not on a PC away from home, which is really weird.  It's like it doesn't update if I'm using any desktop away from home.

Regular Visitor

Yes, I had to totally sign out and clear my cookies & cache and then log back it...It's now synced.  Thanks.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation