Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

My DVR mgr - not working with new STB?

Regular Visitor

My DVR mgr - not working with new STB?

Hi. I had 2 DVRs, 1 Cisco RNG200 and a Sci Atl 8300HD. The SA 8300HD DVR, after several years, finally died - so I swapped it out today.

The new box is another Cisco RNG200 - so now I have 2.

I am having trouble interfacing the new STB with My DVR on my iphone and computer Xfinity site.

On the computer/website: THe new Cisco appears under the list of DVRs, but it does not allow "TV Control" nor can I view/record to it.  I was able to name it: Living Rm DVRNEW - but beyond naming it - I am not able to control it.

On my iPhone: only my Master Bedroom DVR appears. The new Cisco does not appear as a DVR at all.

How can I get the new Cisco to 'appear'?  The box is installed/activated and I am watching TV on it.  It has been plugged in for several hours.  How long does it usually take to become fully active?

I have tried calling Support (India? When did all Comcast support move overseas - it is just terrible service) but they spend 20 minutes verifying who I am and putting me on hold for "2 minutes sir" to 'research' my issue - then can't even get me basic info. 

Thanks. Mark

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: My DVR mgr - not working with new STB?

it takes a few days for the new box to be added to your account properly and flow down to the app

Regular Visitor

Re: My DVR mgr - not working with new STB?

rog286713:

Thanks for the reply.  Ill keep my eyes on it and report back.  Since the box appears online (PC) version on my list of DVRs, but is not 'usuable' there - I thought maybe there was an issue.  Ill give it 3-4 days and update.

Thanks again for the advice.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation