Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

My DVR Manager will not recognize my CISCO RNG200N HD DVR

Frequent Visitor

My DVR Manager will not recognize my CISCO RNG200N HD DVR

Cannot get my PC or mobile device to sync with my ELIGIBLE Cisco HD DVR RNG200N This service has been available in my area (38133) for about a YEAR now. I would love to use this app but cannot due to this issue. I've contacted Comcast on NUMEROUS occasions for over 6 months now. Comcast has sent techs to my home, online & telephone techs have attempted troubleshooting it online & via telephone NUMEROUS times in which they tell me that Comcast's system will not recognize or respond to my box, even after they had me change out the DVR box twice. A week and a half ago I attempted to try to get help again, the telephone tech stated that she couldn't figure it out and that she was going to "escalate" it higher. I still cannot use this feature as it still doesn't work. Each time I'm told that someone will work on getting this resolved but it's been 6 months now and nothing has been fixed or improved. So, this is your chance to become the hero! Any ideas anybody?? Comcast Joe, to the rescue???

Sent from my iPhone
Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: My DVR Manager will not recognize my CISCO RNG200N HD DVR

Same exact box,same problem. I was told that no boxes in the  Bartlett area were compatible. But that's why I traded in my other box and was told OH YES it will work with your iphone and Ipad.  It will not work with any internet device. It says I do not have a box that is compatible hate seeing these commercials saying how this service is so great, well if it is..... Then why can't I have it? I am certainly paying enough. And I am a longtime customer.

New Poster

I have been told that only the Motorola boxes can use this feature.  I went in to my local Comcast center with my Cisco box and they said that these boxes do not work. I asked if I could trade it in for a Motorola box and was told that in my area, they are not available.  I was then told that they should be available by year end.  What gets me is that I spead a lot of money every month for their service.  Since I spend so much money, I want every perk they have out there and in a timely fashion.  This is taking way too long.  Most likely the Motorola box won't come to my area anytime soon.  I really wish I had another option in my area.

Frequent Visitor

David, I am right there with you. Its so hard when you're on a fixed income. So expensive! Just for the basics. Then not to be able to get the perks that they so repeatedly advertise. In our house, we have a saying when something goes wrong ,We say "that's COMCASTIC" it doesn't mean good either. I do wish that we had more choices because it seems like they've got us, anyway it goes , if we choose to enjoy TV. Maybe one day they will start rewarding long time customers with lower rates , instead of only offering deals to new customers just to get them hooked. Yeah right huh? It is frustrating.
Frequent Visitor

I was told the same thing by the Comcast Service Rep at Comcast's Full Service Center on Hwy70 (Bartlett Area). He stated that ALL Comcast Service Centers in the Memphis area don't have Motorola boxes and only Nashville has them. I asked when Memphis would receive them and he stated "next year maybe". That was 10 months ago. That was when the Comcast/Xfinity website listed the ALL Cisco/Scientific Atlanta boxes were incapatible with the MyDVR service and that the Motorola boxes were compatible. Now I see that their website lists my box (Cisco RNG200N) as compatible and the Comcast techs that I've spoken with via chat online and voice via phone have confirmed this, but for some reason their system will not recognize it. I've notified comcast through ALL their resources except for either mailing a letter directly to Rick Germano (I've emailed him via the link at http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/RickGCustCare.html?SCRedirect=true and haven't had my issue resolved) or by visiting their corporate office personally for help. I've run out of options. IS THERE ANYONE  AT COMCAST/XFINITY THAT CAN HELP???

Cable Expert

MyDVR in Cisco area's can only get it if the AnyRoom DVR option is available and ordered, which includes guide 2.0.  Guide 2.0 is necessary for the MyDVR to function.

The remaining Cisco equipment will start getting guide 2.0 later this year, you will be notified, and once you get guide 2.0, you know you are getting close to receiving MyDVR.

Motorola and Cisco / Scientific Atlanta equipment is not interchangeable, there is more backend work that needs to be done than just swapping out the box.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

JayInAlg

I have the ciscorng200 n with anyroom dvr service. I am unable to see any boxes via the Comcast site on my pc. I could see them all before upgrading to any room dvr. Comcast reps on the phone appear to be clueless. Upgrade about 5 days ago so syncing is not the issue.

Your thoughts?

Cable Expert

mrpure

Email the Comcast team available to this forum at we_can_help@cable.comcast.com and give them all the details.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

They lie. It is NOT available here and they have no idea when it will be. There tool is wrong. It's NOT your box.

Frequent Visitor

JayInAlg

You wrote: " MyDVR in Cisco area's can only get it if the AnyRoom DVR option is available and ordered, which includes guide 2.0. Guide 2.0 is necessary for the MyDVR to function.”

Where in Comcast/Xfinity advertisements or website does it state that Comcast/Xfinity customers must subscribe to AnyRoom DVR service? I understand myDVR to be a service feature separate from the AnyRoom DVR service. Why should Comcast/Xfinity customers have to incur extra charges by upgrading to AnyRoom DVR in order to take advantage of the myDVR service feature when other Comcast/Xfinity customers can utilize the myDVR service feature as part of their regular service?  

I personally utilize one DVR Cable box in my home and don’t have a need for AnyRoom DVR service. I’m certain there are many other Comcast/Xfinity customers that have similar circumstances.

You wrote:  “The remaining Cisco equipment will start getting guide 2.0 later this year, you will be notified, and once you get guide 2.0, you know you are getting close to receiving MyDVR.”

Please don’t take this negatively, but are you an official Comcast/Xfinity representative that can make statements about when Comcast/Xfinity customers can expect the On-Screen Guide 2.0 programming? If so, thank you for the information. If you’re not, please don’t make such statements as this causes frustration for those Comcast/Xfinity customers who are looking for answers as to when they can expect services then to later learn that the rollout timeline posted wasn’t official and was simply a “guess”, whether factual or not, from another Comcast/Xfinity subscriber.

I realize that many Comcast/Xfinity subscribers volunteer their time to assist others on these forum sites and I, for one, appreciate and commend you all for that. However, any service rollout scheduling timelines should be posted and communicated by official Comcast/Xfinity representatives. They should be monitoring this.

You wrote: “Motorola and Cisco / Scientific Atlanta equipment is not interchangeable, there is more backend work that needs to be done than just swapping out the box."

It is my understanding from many hours of communication with online, phone and local Comcast/Xfinity service representatives that our inability to use the myDVR feature may be due to our "compatible" cable boxes, whether it is a Motorola or Cisco/Scientific Atlanta, not having the required On-Screen Guide 2.0 programming.

Is it possible to upgrade the current Cisco RNG200N On-Screen Guide to the required On-Screen Guide 2.0 via a remote firmware upgrade? I have other home theater devices, such a Samsung Blu-Ray DVD player, which can have its operating system firmware upgraded remotely instead of having to send the unit in for upgrading. Isn’t this a software issue and not a hardware issue?

Cable Expert

Answers from last July do not now apply as rollouts are being done across SA area's.

Since last July, Comcast has started rolling out MyDVR features to existing SA / Cisco I-Guide boxes.  

ComcastTeds doesn appear on the forums now and then.  He has posted more recent rollout schedules as deployments continue.

Since this thread is old and outdated, it is now locked.  Any new questions should be posted in a fresh thread.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation