Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

My Channels filter missing on My Guide What's on TV

New Poster

My Channels filter missing on My Guide What's on TV

Until just a couple of weeks ago I was able to use filters on My Guide to What’s on TV site. Some filters still work, such as Movies or HD but my favor one - “My Channels” shows no selection. I struggle with Comcast that this My Channels only feature in not available on TV but was able to compensate for it using Comcast site. I called Comcast and they were sugesting to send me a list of My Channels via email, kind of 20 Century methode but better than typewriter. 

Do other folks experience the same issue? Perhaps I am doing something wrong but I am correctly login and it seems as the program is recognizing me. Is it a temporary hick-up or a luring marketing scheme?

See screen capture with and without "My Channels" filter applied. 

Thank you for help, 

George.

I tested my set-up with all Channel Line-ups in avialable Service Area with no succes. My zipcode is correct. 

TV Guide, TV Listings, Air Dates and Showtimes from XFINITY TV Go - Google Chrome 2222016 70930 PM.jpg
TV Guide, TV Listings, Air Dates and Showtimes from XFINITY TV Go - Google Chrome 2222016 71101 PM.jpg
Regular Contributor

Re: My Channels filter missing on My Guide What's on TV

There have been a number of posts about this problem, going back at least from last December. But when you call, they act like they don't know about the problem. I had someone from tier 3 support who was supposed to be looking into it, but he failed to call me back when he said he would. So it's pretty obvious Comcast is unable or unwilling to fix this. I saw a button to print the lineup, but it lists the channels in alphabetical order, numbered that way, so you don't know what the channel numbers are. 

New Poster

I don't believe it is a software glitch, it is Comcast luring strategy for customer to sign-up for more channels, unfortunately they don't realize that they actually alienating customers. 

Problem Solver

Zillinger, 

One image you did not post.  --  One showing what you see if ALL buttons are Black.

The button selection is messed up.  Where BLACK = OFF   {no selection}   and  BLUE = ON {selection}

TV listing~buttons black.PNG

Please note, all buttons are black, but there is an obvious selection of My channels, which should show if you selected the MY CHANNELS BUTTON.   Do you see this also, or is it only me?

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor

What you see if both buttons are off is not "My Channels" which is only the channels you get with your level of service, but every channel Comcast offers in the highest level of service. 

Problem Solver

If I may, I'll disagree.  

I use Comcast Digital listings for my zip code.

I changed that Comcast Standard Cable and the number of channels decreased considerably.

Just an FYI, I do not have the X1 platform, so it might differ for those that do.

ciao, bj

New Poster

Please see attached. All filters work except My Channels. I am hopeless, unfortunately, I have not other option except this monopolistic Comcast. 

TV Guide, TV Listings, Air Dates and Showtimes from XFINITY TV Go - Google Chrome 2262016 10805 PM.jpgTV Guide, TV Listings, Air Dates and Showtimes from XFINITY TV Go - Google Chrome 2262016 10845 PM.jpgTV Guide, TV Listings, Air Dates and Showtimes from XFINITY TV Go - Google Chrome 2262016 10702 PM.jpg

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. I've called and they offer to mail me a list. 

Regular Contributor

I notice now that the "My Channels" button has disappeared. That's the Comcast way. If something's broken, don't fix it, just get rid of it.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation