Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Must there endless loops of commercials to watch Falling Skies????

New Poster

Must there endless loops of commercials to watch Falling Skies????

Attempted to watch the 1st episode of Falling skies season 4. Just endless looping comercials.... last count 15 and showed no signes of letting up. Just turned it off.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Must there endless loops of commercials to watch Falling Skies????

I saw similar problems last season and I'm seeing them again. I've watched the beginning of the first four episodes, and about 10 minutes into the content, the commercials begin -- there are 10 commercials in a row, about 5 sponsor and 5 TNT ads for other shows. After this, the show starts over at the beginning. 

I have tried several times, but it looks like I'll only be able to watch the beginning of each episode.

Last season, I noticed that if I was able to watch an entire episode, with commercials included, the program took about 68-70 minutes, as opposed to 60 minutes for the cable TV version of the episode. This means the online version had at least 8-10 minutes of additional advertising.

So, for content I pay for and network I pay for, I get less value for the online version.

Frequent Visitor

I noticed a recommendation in one of these threads to watch Falling Skies using the TNT website, rather than Comcast's. Much better! Got all the way through the show without skipping back to the beginning, no multiple commercial repeats and the whole thing only took a little over an hour. They ask you to click which cable provider you use, but I was not asked for a username/password. Maybe they found a cookie in my browser from Comcast with that information.

Anyway, give it a try: http://www.tntdrama.com

You'll have to search around a little bit to find Falling Skies, but it is there. 

I like the TNT player better than the Comcast player as well.

If this works for other customers, maybe the trick is to find the originating network's website and use that.

New Poster

erikfreitag wrote:

I saw similar problems last season and I'm seeing them again. I've watched the beginning of the first four episodes, and about 10 minutes into the content, the commercials begin -- there are 10 commercials in a row, about 5 sponsor and 5 TNT ads for other shows. After this, the show starts over at the beginning. 

I have tried several times, but it looks like I'll only be able to watch the beginning of each episode.

Last season, I noticed that if I was able to watch an entire episode, with commercials included, the program took about 68-70 minutes, as opposed to 60 minutes for the cable TV version of the episode. This means the online version had at least 8-10 minutes of additional advertising.

So, for content I pay for and network I pay for, I get less value for the online version.

I'm so frustrated too!!!  I spend nearly $200 for all of my Xfinity services and the last thing that I care to see is a 15, 20 and/or 30 second add/commercial before the video clip will play.  Prettty close to cancelling my contract all-together!!!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation