Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Multiple favorites possible?

New Poster

Multiple favorites possible?

Is it possible to make multiple favorites lists? I can only figure out how to make only one. But I would like to have a few different ones (sports, movies, etc). Thanks!
Expert

Re: Multiple favorites possible?

Bigdalexander wrote:
Is it possible to make multiple favorites lists? I can only figure out how to make only one. But I would like to have a few different ones (sports, movies, etc). Thanks!

On my X1 system, I can choose these:

Image result for xfinity x1 selection guide

Official Employee

RObert, that's not what he means.

If you press Xfinity button, go to Saved, go to Favorites, you will see the favorites broken down into different categories, Movies, Tv Shows, Channels, People, Sports, etc.

Regular Visitor

ComcastAndrew, we just recently upgraded to the X1 device, and I've been looking through all the features and preferences and settings, and there is NO option available that I can find to create multiple Favorites lists... Just the one list. (firstly, it's very disappointing that such an easy to use and practical feature is available in the regular set top box which we had before upgrading to X1, now we see it is NOT available in the "improved/expanded/etc" X1 device.)

I checked your suggestion to the op, and when I press the Xfinity button and go to Saved and Favorites, the channels I've selected are NOT broken down into different categories, they are simply listed there in order by channel number.

Why has Comcast removed this feature - to create Multiple Favorites lists - a simple feature that IS available in the regular Set Top devices?? This is just one of the issues I find frustrating with the X1 device/platform. The on-screen display hurts the eyes, grayish/white text on black background..who thought of this?? The on-screen color scheme in the regular set top device is so much easier to view/read. And also it is much easier to navigate the guide by Channel, moving from one Channel view column to the next Channel view column left or right, in the regular set top device. But now in the X1 device it takes several more clicks of the remote to get to view another Channel column..

Anyway, as far as the op question of Favorites, I don't see it how you said above. So if Comcast listens to customers MAYBE they can add the Multiple Favorites Lists into the X1 platform....? Thanks
Official Employee

You misunderstood, the channels themselves aren't separated into tv and movies, etc. You can favorite individual TV shows and movies, people, and sports teams.
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your reply.

But will Comcast even consider adding the Multiple Favorites Lists option feature into the X1 device, like it is in the regular set top device..? I think that is much more user-friendly to have as an option, than to have to scroll through one screen with all the "favorites" channels..

Being able to create one list of favorite channels that have Sports, and being able to create another list with channels that have favorite tv shows and that show movies, thus in this case creating 2 separate Favorites lists, that is much more logical... That's how it is in the regular set top device.

Who do we need to discuss this with at Comcast directly so that they will bring this option into the so-highly-touted "enhanced experience" X1 device? I mean, it is in the regular set top box devices. And if it's good and it works and customers like using it, why was it not continued in the X1 platform.....?
Gold Problem Solver

Bn2876,

While X1 may be new to you, it is now well over 4 years old. Comcast has heard your concern (along with many others) countless times.

If Comcast were truly listening to customer input and feedback I have a feeling the X1 platform would look much different than it currently does and it would offer many different options and features than it currently does.

Multiple favorite lists is tip of the iceberg...
Regular Visitor

RickGr4, thanks for your input. From what I've recently just started to see googling I realize there are other complaints that have been voiced in the Comcast/Xfinity forums about the X1 platform, however I've only looked further into the Favorites issue.

I'm sure Comcast has been making occasional "improvements" and changes to better the "enhanced experience" of the X1 platform/device, how that progression has actually looked obviously I don't know being very new to X1. But surely there must be some people/department in Comcast who can be spoken to directly to discuss the changes and improvements that customers really want to see made...?

So maybe we just call customer/technical support and request to speak directly to a manager (American based!) to discuss the changes they should make...?

Or I'd hate to think that if we ever decide to take the time to drive all the way out to the Comcast/Xfinity store center, that any conversation we have with them about these suggestions to truly improve the X1 platform would ultimately just be unheard and disregarded....?