Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Multiple error messages while streaming

Regular Visitor

Multiple error messages while streaming

(Windows 10, Firefox & Chrome)

As many people have posted on here before, I am now getting error 102100.43 as well as error 102100.5, both of which happen after watching about 5-10 minutes of a tv show on xfinity stream. This is a new problem within the last month, and everything worked flawlessly before. Live TV has not been affected. I have live chatted comcast to no avail, all they say is to restart your modem, clear settings, use a different browser, etc--all of which have not worked. I have the default DNS servers as well

Something else that happens that I havent seen happen to others is that my computer completely loses internet connection when these errors occur. And i have to go into network diagnostics, click the diagnose button, and it fixes it in a minute or so. This is really frustrating and I'm hoping someone can see this and offer any help. Thanks

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Multiple error messages while streaming

tmansell wrote:

(Windows 10, Firefox & Chrome)

As many people have posted on here before, I am now getting error 102100.43 as well as error 102100.5, both of which happen after watching about 5-10 minutes of a tv show on xfinity stream. This is a new problem within the last month, and everything worked flawlessly before. Live TV has not been affected. I have live chatted comcast to no avail, all they say is to restart your modem, clear settings, use a different browser, etc--all of which have not worked. I have the default DNS servers as well

Something else that happens that I havent seen happen to others is that my computer completely loses internet connection when these errors occur. And i have to go into network diagnostics, click the diagnose button, and it fixes it in a minute or so. This is really frustrating and I'm hoping someone can see this and offer any help. Thanks

What are your settings in your win10 Control Panel - All Control Panel Items - Power Options? Are you wired or wireless? Check the Advanced power settings as well.I find it hard to believe that a streaming web page can shut down your internet connection. Its sounds more like the OS is putting something to sleep (or power saving mode).

Regular Visitor

Re: Multiple error messages while streaming

mvenanzi wrote:

What are your settings in your win10 Control Panel - All Control Panel Items - Power Options? Are you wired or wireless? Check the Advanced power settings as well.I find it hard to believe that a streaming web page can shut down your internet connection. Its sounds more like the OS is putting something to sleep (or power saving mode).

I am on the standard Dell power option. Wireless internet. Display shuts off after 15 minutes of inactivity. Nothing out of the ordinary in the advanced power settings either. And I have not made any major changes to my computer (if any at all) when this problem started occuring

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation