Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Mr. Robot ep4, Blacklist ep 6 still missing from On Demand

Regular Contributor

Mr. Robot ep4, Blacklist ep 6 still missing from On Demand

Season 3, eps 1-3 are there, but ep 4 is still not there, and it just aired last week. Once again, Comcast cannot seem to keep up with putting up the episodes the next day as they are supposed to do. They did it correctly with the first three, so someone goofed again. Sometmes if you cannot find the episode under the TV show itself, you can still find it if you do a search. In this case, that doesn't even work, so it is really missing. Thank goodness for the USA app so I can watch it before tonight.

Update: The Blacklist season 5, ep 6 is also missing. What is wrong with Comcast and getting the shows on On Demand?

New Poster

Re: Mr. Robot latest episode still missing from On Demand

I'm also missing the 4th episode of Mr. Robot "On Demand." (Notice how I put that in quotes.) I thought something was wrong on my end, but nope, it's just E-Corp's....errr...I mean Comcast/Xfinity's subpar service. There's somewhat of a monopoly on cable service where I live, otherwise we would have switched a long time ago. Oh, well...right?

New Poster

Yup.  Missing here too. Just went to catch up. Hope the XFINITY folks are reading this and can fix their VOD error. 

Regular Contributor

and Blacklist S5 Ep6. Come on!

New Poster

YoungDex wrote:

Yup.  Missing here too. Just went to catch up. Hope the XFINITY folks are reading this and can fix their VOD error. 

Don't just complain here, call them! Missing on my DVR, too.

Regular Contributor

I try that too. The techs are completely clueless about missing programs and don't really care. They don't even care about technical issues, such as HBO and MAX SD channels being aired with a squished screen instead of in letterbox. This has been going on for a month, and neither Comcast nor HBO seem to want to take resonsibility, but I will call again on that too.

Regular Contributor

I'm also missing episode 4 of mr. Robot. The blacklist episode seems to be back up now but I noticed that the November 2nd episodes of Chicago fire (ep 6), the good place (ep 7), superstore (ep 6) and will & grace (ep 6) are now missing. Can you please fix these and put them back on. Thanks!
Regular Contributor

Yes, I can confirm that the Blacklist episode finally showed up tonight.

Regular Contributor

I can also confirm that the Mr. Robot ep. 4 is now in Search, but still not listed with the show in On Demand.

I looked for the other shows too, and found the same results - not listed with the show, but available when you Search.

Official Employee

Hello all, I show that all content for "Mr. Robot" and "Blacklist" have been uploaded to your on demand menu. These shows are uploaded by the networks only, so if you're missing an episode on demand please allow 24-48 hours for the network to post the new content. If you don't see the show posted after 48 hours please reach out to the network and request they add the newest episode to your on demand menu.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Actually, the networks all say it is Comcast, and considering that so many different networks have missing episodes, I tend to believe that Comcast is the problem.

Official Employee

sbwinter2 wrote: Actually, the networks all say it is Comcast, and considering that so many different networks have missing episodes, I tend to believe that Comcast is the problem.

We only provide the feed to you as your cable provider, the networks own their content and upload it on based on their rules and restrictions. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

Tell that to Denver PBS 6 whose lead engineer told me that they tried to have Comcast air their picture in letterbox for years, but Comcast wouldn't do it (it did eventually get changed years later).  Or HBO, whose HBO and MAX SD channels have been airing squished instead of in letterbox for the last month. I have been emailing them, and they have stated that Comcast is the problem.

Official Employee

sbwinter2, are you only having issues with "HBO, Max" in SD? Do you have the same issue with the HD version? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

No. The HD are fine, but we only have four of the channels availble in HD (unlike other areas that have all of them in HD too). The other eight SD channels are unwatachable much of the time.

Official Employee

The amount of channels available in HD is dependent on your area, not all areas get the same channel lineup. When you say "The other eight SD channels are unwatachable much of the time." are you referring to the content being squished or is there tilling/pixelation involved? This still sounds like a network issue, if this were an issue caused by Comcast all of your networks would have the same issue. Since the problem is isolated for just these channels we can look further into the root cause of the problem for you, but first I need to know if you're having the same issue on all of your equipment.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

The issue is for ALL of the HBO and MAX SD channels. It happens when the HD feed is incorrectly pushed to the SD channels resultsing in a squished picture. Comcast is supposed to take the HD feed and convert it to format correctly on SD channels so that it displays in letterbox, just like the do with all of the other cable channels, STARZ, SHOWTIME, etc. It is Comcast that does the conversion according to the networks and Comcast. The same problem happened a few months ago with Freeform. The SD channel was not displaying in letterbox, but squished. I sent a message to Freeform, and they had Comcast fix it by the end of the weekend.

I have sent several messages to HBO about HBO and MAX channels, and they keep saying I need to Comcast because it is Comcast's fault.

Official Employee

sbwinter2, I understand what you mean but I can assure you we don't convert any content. There are some networks that only provide an HD version to a show/movie. In those cases we would not be able to convert any content into SD for the consumer, we would have to request the content be added from the network like any other subscriber. Again, we provide the feed that is given that's all. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

Sorry, but according to the networks and other posts on this forum and in searches, Comcast does the down-conversion to SD, not the networks. Comcast receives the HD feeds and then converts them to SD for the SD channels.

Admin1

sbwinter2 -- ComcastAmir is correct that we do not convert any content. All content that is available is what is given to us by the network. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

Then please tell that to HBO. They have replied a few times blaming Comcast.

Official Employee

sbwinter2 wrote: Then please tell that to HBO. They have replied a few times blaming Comcast.

We have notified the network of this issue, thank you for reaching out with this concern. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

Thanks. By the way, the other thread was the original thread on the HBO/MAX issue. No one would answer me, so I also raised the topic on this thread I started. It would be better to put all of the HBO/MAX topic back on the original issue so it can be searchable on that issue.

Official Employee

No problem, I can address your concern on that thread as well. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

By the way, on my original thread on this issue, you have closed it for comments are marked your answer as the Best Answer. It is only the best answer if it solves the problem. Otherwise, it is helpful at all. I would have posted this on the other thread if you hadn't locked it.

Official Employee

The other thread is now open, these issues are very similar and will need to be addressed by the network. I have submitted a request to HBO and MAX regarding your problem. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

Thanks again. I hope something gets fixed.

Official Employee

You're welcome, have a good day. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation