Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Moving from Uverse-Few observations/Issues-New customer

New Poster

Moving from Uverse-Few observations/Issues-New customer

I have a 55" Sony TV, and connected via HDMI. With uverse, if I went to a SD channel, the picture auto-zoomed, and shrank as necessary. It was so transparent that I didn't even know that there was a difference in size between SD and HD.

With Xfinity, I must go to my TV remote, and switch settings every time I switch between a SD and HD channel. Is there any way to automatically do this?

On another note, the DVR is slow responding. For example, If I hit pause, it takes a couple of seconds to stop. If I try to rewind, I always pass the point, and must go forward. The entire DVR system is "slushy".

This morning while watching VOD, the DVR froze. I had to hit and hold the front power button.

All new coax was installed from the TV all the way to the box in the neighbors yard. I only have one connection,  and am getting over 160 on internet speeds.

Help!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Moving from Uverse-Few observations/Issues-New customer

The freezing and slow response is poor signal related. You may have had a new line installed but more work needs to be done. X1 boxes require great incoming and outgoing signal quality. My guess is that you are having outgoing signal issues which is what happened to me when I first got X1.

I can't speak to the picture size issue because I refuse to watch SD channels. I had my X1 box set to Full and I leave it there.
Service Expert

Rainmanx wrote:

I have a 55" Sony TV, and connected via HDMI. With uverse, if I went to a SD channel, the picture auto-zoomed, and shrank as necessary. It was so transparent that I didn't even know that there was a difference in size between SD and HD.

With Xfinity, I must go to my TV remote, and switch settings every time I switch between a SD and HD channel. Is there any way to automatically do this?

On another note, the DVR is slow responding. For example, If I hit pause, it takes a couple of seconds to stop. If I try to rewind, I always pass the point, and must go forward. The entire DVR system is "slushy".

This morning while watching VOD, the DVR froze. I had to hit and hold the front power button.

All new coax was installed from the TV all the way to the box in the neighbors yard. I only have one connection,  and am getting over 160 on internet speeds.

Help!

Call customer service and ask them to run an "Einstein 31-point check".  No guarantee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert

adding.. your set top box does auto-zoom if you turn the feature on (for SD). Press the Xfinity button on your remote > gear (settings) > device Settings > Video Display > zoom - change to on by highlighting the item on the menu and press the OK button. (it will change from off to FULL)

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation