Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Motorola MR150CNM - TV Control is not available for this cable box.

Frequent Visitor

Motorola MR150CNM - TV Control is not available for this cable box.

Just had the AnyRoom DVR service installed last week, and I am having an issue.  Two of the cable boxes don't show up in the iPad/iPhone App.  I have 4 total cable boxes:

MOR200BN - Main DVR, shows up fine

MORN150N - Shows up fine

MR150CNM - Does not show up

MR150CNM - Does not show up

When I go to the "Manage Cable Boxes & DVRs" on the xfinity website both of the MR150CNM show the following message - TV Control is not available for this cable box.

Any ideas?

Frequent Visitor

Re: TV Control is not available for this cable box.

Talked to Comcast support this morning. They confirmed all cable boxes should be showing up in the app. But they couldn't resolve why the two boxes aren't showing up.

Has anyone else run into this?
Contributor

Yes. I have the same problem with my MR150CNMR cable box not showing up in the iOS Xfinity TV Remote App.  The website has a list of ineligble boxes and this one is NOT on the list.

Frequent Visitor

That's exactly what the Comcast representative told me. 

Is anyone with a MR150CNM able to see this unit in the iOS Xfinity TV Remote App?

I have also noticed that the on screen guide formating on OnDemand screens is screwed up on theMR150CNM.  Have you noticed the same? 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Motorola MR150CNM - TV Control is not available for this cable box.

I updated the title of the thread to properly reflect the issue.

Is the Motorola MR150CNM compatible with the Xfinity TV Remote iOS App?

Frequent Visitor

My MR150CNM works fine in all other aspects other than failure to show as a remote-capable device in the iOS app. It can read and operate the DVR menu from my main DVR box (which is remote controllable).

Official Employee

Hi all,

Try unplugging your box for a minute or so and then plug it back in.

I suggest you do this before you leave the house or before you go to bed. It takes some time for the grid to fully load and for the cable box to fully sync back up again.

After you have done this, please try again and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Joe,

Tried this several times already.  Just tried it again now, and it still does not show up in the iOS App.

Thanks!

Official Employee

keenan9 wrote:

Joe,

Tried this several times already.  Just tried it again now, and it still does not show up in the iOS App.

Thanks!

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Sounds good.  Thank you!

Contributor

I also recycled my cable box with no effect.  Still does not appear on my Xfinity TV Remote app. 

Official Employee

spediteur wrote:

I also recycled my cable box with no effect.  Still does not appear on my Xfinity TV Remote app. 

Please be more specific:

Is this happening to all of your boxes or just a certain one?

Does anything appear on your TV when you try to change the channel?

Is TV Control set to on? Please check here:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes

Any additional information you can provide will be helpful.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

I only have two boxes, the main DVR which works fine with the iOS app (Motorola RNG200N) and the other room box (Motorola RNG150N).  The RNG150N does not show up in my iOS app.  The link you provided shows my previous setting for a BEDROOM identity for the old box since removed and states:

TV Control is not available for this cable box. Why? The Why? link is not particularly helpful since the new box does not show up in the app and is not listed in the incompatible cable box listing provided by Xfinity. For the working DVR box the TV Control is set to on.

I am testing the app with the RNG150N and TV powered on.  That box works properly using the provided Xfinity remote control locally.  Only problem is that theTV Remote app does not identify that box at all.

Official Employee

spediteur wrote:

I only have two boxes, the main DVR which works fine with the iOS app (Motorola RNG200N) and the other room box (Motorola RNG150N).  The RNG150N does not show up in my iOS app.  The link you provided shows my previous setting for a BEDROOM identity for the old box since removed and states:

TV Control is not available for this cable box. Why? The Why? link is not particularly helpful since the new box does not show up in the app and is not listed in the incompatible cable box listing provided by Xfinity. For the working DVR box the TV Control is set to on.

I am testing the app with the RNG150N and TV powered on.  That box works properly using the provided Xfinity remote control locally.  Only problem is that theTV Remote app does not identify that box at all.

Thank you for the information but I do have one more question before I can further assist you.

When was the new box installed?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

The new box was installed 1/12/2013. The link you gave me within comcast.com still shows the old box name I used previously. This shows online only and not in the app. There seems no way to delete it.

Official Employee

spediteur wrote:

The new box was installed 1/12/2013. The link you gave me within comcast.com still shows the old box name I used previously. This shows online only and not in the app. There seems no way to delete it.

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

I had a couple of phone calls with the technician and did the usual power off/on of the affected cable box and reinstalled the iPhone Xfinity TV Remote app twice. Nothing worked. Finally, yesterday, the technician reset my box remotely (not sure what the difference with that is after I powered it on/off myself) and told me if that did not fix my problem the only resort was to replace the box. The Anyroom DVR service works fine and is not part of this remote control problem. Seems pretty drastic to have to change the box to use the app now and then and I'm not inclined to waste any more time on this, but disappointed that Comcast couldn't fix the problem.

Frequent Visitor

I never got a call back from anyone at Comcast.  Should I still expect a call?

Frequent Visitor

Still no solution on this.  Here is what I see on the Manage Cable Boxes & DVRs website:

Manage Cable Boxes & DVRs.jpg
Contributor

My equipment summary is similar. I also have a unit labeled bedroom, but this was set up with the old equipment  prior to installing AnyRoom DVR and the new slave unit for my bedroom. I thought perhaps this leftover link to the removed model is what is causing my problem. I mentioned it to the technician and was told they would look into it but nothing more came of it. My equipment summary online no longer shows either of the two boxes which were replaced, but does still show my old modem which was returned to Comcast nearly two months ago (equipment list shows two modems in my account).

New Poster

having the same issue. Anyone get it resolved? This happened to me after getting the Anyroom box installed to replace the regular box . I'm thinking the issue is with the fact that it is anyroom. Going to get the box switched out tomorrow at the service center for a regular dvr. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation