Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Most Recent (NOT), Old Listings on "Nights" and No "Favorites List"

New Poster

Most Recent (NOT), Old Listings on "Nights" and No "Favorites List"

Why, when choosing "All TV Shows" and "Most Recent" the listing is NOT the most recent ?  Why, when choosing a particular night (ie:Friday) are there shows from weeks and months in the past ? ... One more item, what happened to a "Favorites List "

Thank you for Listening ...

Official Employee

Re: Most Recent (NOT), Old Listings on "Nights" and No "Favorites List"

CaBilly wrote:

Why, when choosing "All TV Shows" and "Most Recent" the listing is NOT the most recent ?  Why, when choosing a particular night (ie:Friday) are there shows from weeks and months in the past ? ... One more item, what happened to a "Favorites List "

Thank you for Listening ...

Great questions. I'll need to confirm on Monday but believe that "Most Recent" means most recently added to XFINITY On Demand (i.e. "Publication Date" in the metadata). What would you expect it to be (e.g. most recent broadcast date of the most recent episode)?

"Friday Night Shows" lists shows that aired on a Friday. There is some editorial control of the order but clicking "View All" will query against all shows from that particular day of the week, regardless of being the most recent Friday or a previous one.

Favorite Channels were recently added to the Live TV section and "Watchlist" will be coming in an upcoming release. They are related but Favorite Channels was the higher priority based on our user research so it was developed first. The new experience is all new code and infrastructure (the former TV Go website and apps could no longer support the user growth and advanced capabilities of modern browses and mobile devices). It will continue to improve and feedback from customers like you is invaluable and appreciated. Keep it coming.

Best,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation