Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

More and More Issues

Contributor

More and More Issues

Frankly, my level of Satisfaction with Comcast/Xfinity is not rising over time.

I have accepted the fact that they got rid of the TvGO feature without notification, and I have even come to terms with teh fact that no matter what Comcast says, there will probably Never be a "Partner App" that allows me to view my channels and/or DVR Recordings on something like Roku.  I can't even get things like Starz or A&E in their "Stanndalone Apps, because they won't recognize Comcast/Xfinity as a valid provider.

I have been forced to limit my "Away from Home" viewing because the XTV app on my phone and tablet are not reliable and for some reason I can download some of the recordings from my DVR but not others, and viewing live channels or On Demand shows is jmpy at best, and I can attribute that to my Mobile Daa or the WiFi I happen to be connected to at the time.   However...

I currently have the 200Mbps Internet with Blast Pro, and have connected a small PC to a TV in my bedroom. The set is literally 4 1/2 feet from teh Xfinity WiFi Modem. and after about 20 minutes of viewing the video and audion lose sync and i can't get it back until i shu down the pc and restart it.  then I get another 20 minutes or so.  This is not a big deal if I just want background noise, but vieing is becoming really difficult. 

THis not only happens with Live TV, but with On Demand and Recorded shows on my DVR.  I have tried many diffiernt browsers, from Chrome, to Firefox, Opera, IE and Exchange. I even tried Netscape Navigator again.  No Luck, I keep cleairng my caches, playing with settings, and nothing seems to work.
The worst part, that would be funny in any other case, is that I can sit and watch the TV and over a matter of minutes I can see the picture goingfrom smooth and flowing to becoming a flipbook of individual pages like an old steriopticon.

I am also unable to use XTV at all on my Linux based computer and any so called "Fix" or "Work-Around" was an excersie in futility. the site simply doesn't load.

Every time I have asked about TvGo (Which was a great app) I am told that it is just how it is, and when asking about the Partner App, told that it's coming in thew future but no one can even give a rough guestimate of when.

I uess I am writing this more as a "Monthly Rant" than anything, since I have pretty much exhausted all of my relevant questions, and been told, in not so many words that there was nothing that Comcast could or would do about the issues that concern me.

Well Just my opinion... Comcast may be striving to provide quality service to all customers, but they have yet to achieve that goal.

Problem Solver

Re: More and More Issues

What type of "small PC" do you have connected to your TV? What is its operating system, amount of ram, video card, processor, etc? It doesn't matter if it is 4 feet away from your modem if the PC cannot handle the video stream.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation