Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Mobile App -- can't manage DVR

Frequent Visitor

Mobile App -- can't manage DVR

I just got the AnyRoom system a few days ago.  Everything is working, except for the Mobile App.  When I go to manage the DVR on the app, it tells me "Your DVR is full" and "There are no recording scheduled for the next 14 days."  Neither of these statements are true.  

It would appear that the correct DVR is linked up to the app, because when I go into "TV Settings" and hit "Test," I see the name of my DVR appear on the screen.  I've already tried resetting the app settings...did no good.  Not sure what else to do.

Additionally, when I go here:  http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr

It has said "Syncing in Process" for the past 4 or 5 days...nothing changes.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Mobile App -- can't manage DVR

First try signing out of the app then back in.  If that does not try this.

try clearing cache, clear cookies, clear app data.     uninstall the app.  restart your device, install the app, sign in, now try it.  If that does not work go to your box menu in the box set up section look for remote access set up.  if you slecet that you can delete the set up and start over.  If nothing works wait for comcast to come back monday.

Frequent Visitor

I can't find anything like "remote access setup" on the box itself.

I tried everything else, still the same result.

Silver Problem Solver

you have the newest xfinity tv app correct, you keep saying xfinity connect app. 

Frequent Visitor

I didn't say "Xfinity Connect" anywhere...maybe you're referring to another thread?

Anyway yes, using the newest version of Xfinity TV app.  

Silver Problem Solver

go here

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

middle of page says manage cable boxes and devices.  Click on cable boxes do your cable boxes show correctly there.  If they do make sure cable box control is selected.  Also see if you can manage the dvr from your computer.  You have to get it working there first.

Also under devices see whats listed there.  you can only have 3.  You might want to try deleting the devices then starting over again.

Also comcast has been out for 4 days, its my experience when something like this happens and its on a weekend, when they come back in and see whats going on things start to work again.

Frequent Visitor

"TV Control" was NOT on.  I turned that on, but still not working...maybe it takes a while now.  

Regarding where you say "Also see if you can manage the dvr from your computer." -- is that something I do from Xfinity's web site on my computer, or, is there an app or something I download?  Are you referring to this?

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr

This page has shown "syncing" for the past few days...it won't change.

Silver Problem Solver

yes on the website, looks like your dvr manager is not set up yet, as I click that link I am taken to list of my future recordings.

When you go the listings page and click a show do you get any options to record or anything???  It can take up to 5 business days for the synching to work. If none of this works its going to be something that you need to call comcast about. 

Frequent Visitor

Nope, no options to record.  I got the DVR on Tuesday, so it's been about five days...I'll try it out tomorrow morning and if it's still not working, I'll give them a call.  Thanks!

Service Expert
Moved:

post by mgudites removed for violating forum posting guidelines.

Forum Guidelines

(which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state

Please Don't

2. Use Profanity

Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Frequent Visitor

Still can't utilize DVR manager or Xfinity TV iOS app, Comcast clueless

I've been trying for the past week to get this to work.  When I call/online chat with Comcast, half of the people I speak to make it seem like they didn't even know there was an iOS app, and/or they're completely unfamiliar with the "Syncing in process" screen that I've been encountering on the web site for the past week.

They tried resetting my box, resetting my "settings" online.  I've reinstalled the iOS app, logged in/logged out of the web site, tried different browsers, unplugged my box and left it for a few minutes before plugging it back in...I'm out of options.

On the DVR Manager site, it's said "Syncing in Process" for the past week.  It never "syncs."

On the iOS App, it says "Your DVR is full" and "There are no scheduled recordings for the next 14 days," both of which are untrue.

What is it going to take to get this to work?  Who is it exactly that works at Comcast and knows how to fix this stuff?  It really angers me that someone comes out here to install this system, leaves it not working completely, leaving it up to me to spend the next week of my life trying to get it to work AND on top of that, having the nerve to charge me a $50 installation fee.  This is becoming absurd.  Is there not a department who deals with this stuff and knows how to fix it???

Frequent Visitor

Still can't utilize DVR manager or Xfinity TV iOS app

*NOTE -- I'm not sure why my last post was deleted. There was nothing derogatory or inappropriate in it.

I've been trying for the past week to get this to work.  When I call/online chat with Comcast, it seems like they didn't even know there was an iOS app, and/or they're completely unfamiliar with the "Syncing in process" screen that I've been encountering on the web site for the past week.

They tried resetting my box, resetting my "settings" online.  I've reinstalled the iOS app, logged in/logged out of the web site, tried different browsers, unplugged my box and left it for a few minutes before plugging it back in...I'm out of options.

On the DVR Manager site, it's said "Syncing in Process" for the past week.  It never "syncs."

On the iOS App, it says "Your DVR is full" and "There are no scheduled recordings for the next 14 days," both of which are untrue.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Still can't utilize DVR manager or Xfinity TV iOS app

It took 2 weeks, dozens of phone calls and chats, and ultimately email carbet-bombing all the Comcast execs using a Consumerist.com page I found to FINALLY get someone to look into it, only to be told "it's not something that's available in your area yet." 

So, to sum it up: 

• Comcast is advertising I can do this
  • The phone operators selling/activating the equipment in my area told me I could do it
  • When you logon to Comcast, you see the DVR Manager as if it's something you can use here
  • When it doesn't work, they'll troubleshoot it with you because no one has been trained/told that it's not available in this market (Southwest Florida -- Naples specifically)

Comcastic.

New Poster

The remote dvr service isn't available in Northern Virginia (Alexandria) yet either..Which brings up a good question....Where is it available?

Frequent Visitor

Who knows...Comcast phone operators don't even know, lol.

Would be nice if they removed it from the "xfinity.com" site that we all long into, for the logons of people who can't actually use it.

Regular Visitor

I'm on the same boat. My iOS app shows my DVR is full and the Xfinity page it's been showing "Syncing in progress. DVR Manager is currently syncing with your DVR" for the past week or so.

I'm in Eugene, OR.

Does anyone knows whch areas have this service available?

Thx

Regular Contributor

I can't speak for the rest of the country, but it is available in NE Florida from both the website and iPhone app.

Official Employee

IS2SPICY4U2 wrote:

I'm on the same boat. My iOS app shows my DVR is full and the Xfinity page it's been showing "Syncing in progress. DVR Manager is currently syncing with your DVR" for the past week or so.

I'm in Eugene, OR.

Does anyone knows whch areas have this service available?

Thx

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact shortly and further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

So I posted my comment to this thread on Saturday the 8th. On Monday the 10th a Comcast agent did call my home phone and left a voice mail with instructions on how to attempt to resolve the issue. I would like to point out that I was not expecting this to happen. This tells me however that Comcast agents do monitor the forums and make an effort to make sure our issues get resolved. I really appreciated this, that someone looked into my issue and made the effort to contact me, unlike other times or other companies that do not bother on checking back with their customers.I do not remember if anyone already posted this and I did not bother on searching back on the thread.. the suggestion was to unplug from power for about a minute, plug back in and wait for about 6 hrs for the DVR unit to sync up with their system. So I'll do this tonight (8PM PST) and report back tomorrow.

Regular Visitor

It works! Which is nice, but it would have been nicer if it would had worked from day 1.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation