Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Missing Season 10 Premier of Grey's Anatomy (Episodes 1 & 2)

New Poster

Missing Season 10 Premier of Grey's Anatomy (Episodes 1 & 2)

Why can't I see the Season 10 Premiere of Grey's Anatomy?  I see all the previous seasons on StreamPix and I can watch Season 10 episodes 3 through 7 online or on my OnDemand on TV - BUT no where can I find episode 1 & 2 which were the premier of season 10 aired on Sept 26, 2013.  Can you tell me where to find them or can you add them?  Thank you.

Official Employee

Re: Missing Season 10 Premier of Grey's Anatomy (Episodes 1 & 2)

wenand wrote:

Why can't I see the Season 10 Premiere of Grey's Anatomy?  I see all the previous seasons on StreamPix and I can watch Season 10 episodes 3 through 7 online or on my OnDemand on TV - BUT no where can I find episode 1 & 2 which were the premier of season 10 aired on Sept 26, 2013.  Can you tell me where to find them or can you add them?  Thank you.

For XFINITY.com/tv, seasons 1-9 are available through Streampix and only the last 5 episodes of Season 10 are available. Once episode 8 airs, episode 3 will be removed from the site.

-ComcastJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Hi - Thanks for the reply, but is there anywhere through comcast that I CAN see Season 10 Episode 1 & 2?

New Poster

I have the same problem!!! Have you figured it out ? I
Contributor

I believe you'll be able to see all of Season 10 via Streampix once Season 11 starts.  As ComcastJoe mentioned, for the current season of the show, we only have the last 5 episodes available online.

Thanks

- Jess

Frequent Visitor

Jessica, that makes sense - what does not make sense it that I had recorded the season (to date including pilot) on my X1 DVR

Unfortunately, Comcast's system not only removes things from "OnDemand", it also tears saved recordings off the X1 DVRs to match the OnDemand lineup

This has happened with Grey's Anatomy, the Millers, the Crazy Ones and Elementary

Tier Two callback resulted in an assurance that no, COmcast does not remove anything from DVRs .. but that is obviously incorrect

Add to that the fact that my Deleted Items folder cleans itself out incessantly now (it used to keep stuff for a long time), and I suspect one of the latest releases of firmware etc has done this.

Can you confirm why stored DVR recordings are being affected ?

Frequent Visitor

it is offical .. after watching Grey's Anatomy slowly be deleted from my DVR episode by episode (really really controversial considering I pay extra for a DVR) ....

the rest of Season 10 has now been removed without my consent ..

nothing in deleted items, and it was there before we left for vacation, removed by the time we got back.

Comcast is deleting stored items from your DVR without your consent.

Why they choose to only publish a few episodes of the current season is beyond me. It cannot be licensing, because I already pay to have Comncast, then I pay to have a DVR .. so that is two charges to be able to watch the same episode...you cannot tell me it is then legal for them to remove them from the DVR you already pay for, without consent ... unless it is some sort of game to encourage you to buy unnecessary DVDs or iTunes downloads, and then pay for the episode a third time.

This is disgusting, and I doubt entirely legal.

Comcast has indirectly spawned an entire generation of pirates, I imagine. I sometimes wonder if the "pirates" have the right idea. Not paying for it once, while being entirely willing to do so ... is a far cry from paying three or four times to watch an episode only a couple months old. Ironic really.

and then the hackers - I wonder if anyone has figured out how to protect the contents of the X1 DVR from the whims of Comcast ?

Wish I had another viable option, as I would quickly abandon Comcast if so.  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation