Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Missed Recordings - errors on DVR manager - Title not available

Frequent Visitor

Missed Recordings - errors on DVR manager - Title not available

Having problems with my DVR. Here's what happened to me.

I have a season recording for How I met Your Mother, which was on Monday, 10/1. It did not record. So I checked my priority manager and it's listed there, actually as the top one. Checked and all the settings are correct. Looked for upcoming episodes of it (on my iphone and ipad), and none of them list any upcoming episodes, even though it's on again on 10/8. 

So, from my iphone I went to the guide, picked the episode on the 8th, and chose to setup a series recording. I got the error: "Request Error An unknown error has occurred during this request. (guideworks:4)".

Okay... so I went to the ipad, tried the same thing, and it wouldn't let me choose series recording there because it's already a series recording. So I chose to record this episode, which it says it will do, but when I go to my upcoming scheduled recordings it lists it as "Title Not Available". It also does this sometimes on the DVR box itself, where it will not list the title. I suspect that my DVR can't see the titles and doesn't know what to record, but 

1) I have called a few times about this and they reset my box and it doesn't seem to help and

2) If I'm doing it through DVR manager, shouldn't it still work?

Also, what's with the request error? I am coming from a Tivo box that never had these issues and i'm getting a bit frustrated. This is just one example. I have missed a few shows because of this and I feel like I have to babysit my box and keep track of all the shows I don't want to miss because it's not working like a set-it-and-forget-it type of box that I'm used to.

This is on a DCX3400.

Thanks,

Mark

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Missed Recordings - errors on DVR manager - Title not available

MJMerlina wrote:

Having problems with my DVR. Here's what happened to me.

I have a season recording for How I met Your Mother, which was on Monday, 10/1. It did not record. So I checked my priority manager and it's listed there, actually as the top one. Checked and all the settings are correct. Looked for upcoming episodes of it (on my iphone and ipad), and none of them list any upcoming episodes, even though it's on again on 10/8. 

So, from my iphone I went to the guide, picked the episode on the 8th, and chose to setup a series recording. I got the error: "Request Error An unknown error has occurred during this request. (guideworks:4)".

Okay... so I went to the ipad, tried the same thing, and it wouldn't let me choose series recording there because it's already a series recording. So I chose to record this episode, which it says it will do, but when I go to my upcoming scheduled recordings it lists it as "Title Not Available". It also does this sometimes on the DVR box itself, where it will not list the title. I suspect that my DVR can't see the titles and doesn't know what to record, but 

1) I have called a few times about this and they reset my box and it doesn't seem to help and

2) If I'm doing it through DVR manager, shouldn't it still work?

Also, what's with the request error? I am coming from a Tivo box that never had these issues and i'm getting a bit frustrated. This is just one example. I have missed a few shows because of this and I feel like I have to babysit my box and keep track of all the shows I don't want to miss because it's not working like a set-it-and-forget-it type of box that I'm used to.

This is on a DCX3400.

Thanks,

Mark

As for the iPad and iPhone showing "Title not available", please make sure that you have the correct zip code and service area selected for your TV Listings.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

It was set for Comcast Recommended Lineup DAC: 161_48, so I input my zip code and changed it to that instead. I will see if this helps. Is there a way to change this on the DVR box itself too, or does changing it on the iphone do that? I checked on the TV and couldn't find a similar setting.

Official Employee

MJMerlina wrote:

It was set for Comcast Recommended Lineup DAC: 161_48, so I input my zip code and changed it to that instead. I will see if this helps. Is there a way to change this on the DVR box itself too, or does changing it on the iphone do that? I checked on the TV and couldn't find a similar setting.

You will have to call 1-800-XFINITY for further assitance for your actual DVR settings.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation