Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Message 12012 on iPad on mobile

New Poster

I was able to watch TV on my devices until this morning for the past 3 month and later today I keep getting a message saying I'm not subscribing error 12012. Can you help?
Official Employee

Re: Message 12012 on iPad on mobile

yannickwa wrote:
I was able to watch TV on my devices until this morning for the past 3 month and later today I keep getting a message saying I'm not subscribing error 12012. Can you help?

Are you seeing this error on all channels or select ones?  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

This is on all channels PLEASE HELP
Regular Visitor

Please help. I use this for NFL games and were almost there....
Official Employee

KordMcLordstrom wrote:
Please help. I use this for NFL games and were almost there....

Are you still seeing this error?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I too am getting this error on all but basic channels. Like anything over 810 and all movie channels. I subscribe to every premium channel.

App worked fine on all channels until the large X1 outages last month....

I have tried everything... Uninstalled, reinstalled, logged in and out.

Can anyone help? I suspect this is a Comcast configuration issue and or database issue yet to be fixed by engineering. It is like nobody at Comcast cares.
Official Employee

CharlieOwe wrote:
I too am getting this error on all but basic channels. Like anything over 810 and all movie channels. I subscribe to every premium channel.

App worked fine on all channels until the large X1 outages last month....

I have tried everything... Uninstalled, reinstalled, logged in and out.

Can anyone help? I suspect this is a Comcast configuration issue and or database issue yet to be fixed by engineering. It is like nobody at Comcast cares.

can you try now?  we had some rate codes fixed on your account

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

No. It is the same!  Sorry!!  Closed the app completely. Reloaded. Same. I will continue to test though.

Comcast Chad, I wish you had PM'd me before you "adjusted" rate codes. First of all, I have TWO accounts with Comcast. One is in New Jersey and has X1 and the other is in Indiana and does NOT have X1. I am sure you "adjusted" the correct account, right? I have had phone support folks get very confused. :-)

Secondly, I have actually discussed the issue with other customers in my area (served by the same head end and servers) and they are experiencing the exact same issue with the app - Code 12012. It seems that the issues started two weeks ago after X1 had a national/regional X1 outage that ended up causing OnDemand to act the same way (request a new subscription; despite already having subscribed to the channel, ie. OnDemand for HBO, etc). That was fixed as of last Saturday night and did impact many X1 users in the area.

As I said, ALL of my channels (Premium and basic) function perfectly on my X1 DVR and Sidecars. I feel blessed for that!

Please PM me if you would like to discuss further.

Thanks for the effort. I had a less than steller interaction with phone support. For some reason support is hesitant to transfer to the app support group (I think they are in Colorado or Califdornia?)...

Charlie

Official Employee

CharlieOwe wrote:

No. It is the same!  Sorry!!  Closed the app completely. Reloaded. Same. I will continue to test though.

Comcast Chad, I wish you had PM'd me before you "adjusted" rate codes. First of all, I have TWO accounts with Comcast. One is in New Jersey and has X1 and the other is in Indiana and does NOT have X1. I am sure you "adjusted" the correct account, right? I have had phone support folks get very confused. :-)

Secondly, I have actually discussed the issue with other customers in my area (served by the same head end and servers) and they are experiencing the exact same issue with the app - Code 12012. It seems that the issues started two weeks ago after X1 had a national/regional X1 outage that ended up causing OnDemand to act the same way (request a new subscription; despite already having subscribed to the channel, ie. OnDemand for HBO, etc). That was fixed as of last Saturday night and did impact many X1 users in the area.

As I said, ALL of my channels (Premium and basic) function perfectly on my X1 DVR and Sidecars. I feel blessed for that!

Please PM me if you would like to discuss further.

Thanks for the effort. I had a less than steller interaction with phone support. For some reason support is hesitant to transfer to the app support group (I think they are in Colorado or Califdornia?)...

Charlie

We fixed your account in NJ.   This is most likely related to the billing conversion that took place in your area last week.   It may take some time for your entitlements to be updated.  can you check back later today?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Ahhh yes... the infamous billing system cutover. My understanding is that the cutover was also the root cause of the OnDemand fiasco as well. I also understand that some people lost the MAC address of their modem on their account as a result too ...... and they had one heck of a time getting data back. Thank God I wasn't one of them.

Comcast Chad, as long as the problem is being worked on by someone at Comcast, I am good, for as long as it takes to get it fixed correctly (wiithin limits). My fear was/is that nobody at Comcast realizes that the entitlements need to be fixed for the app . . .  as well as for OnDemand. Perhaps they just missed a group of accounts?  In any case, I assume that if Comcast Chad knows there is an issue.... someone at Comcast has this as a priority to finally fix. :-)

Just being able to reach someone (via this forum) who understands the issue is a huge accomplishment! Thank you!!!!!

I will continue to test today and get back to you no later than 4PM as to the status of the app.

Charlie

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Chad:   YOU ARE THE BEST!!! All fixed about 10 minutes ago!!! Seems that ALL channels are back on the app!

Exactly what did you change on my account that allowed the entitlements for the app to populate? I would like to let some of my friends who have the problem know.

Better gift than what I will get from Santa!

Thank you once again!!

Official Employee

CharlieOwe wrote:

Comcast Chad:   YOU ARE THE BEST!!! All fixed about 10 minutes ago!!! Seems that ALL channels are back on the app!

Exactly what did you change on my account that allowed the entitlements for the app to populate? I would like to let some of my friends who have the problem know.

Better gift than what I will get from Santa!

Thank you once again!!

Someone made some billng changes to your acount.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Chad, Seriously? What kind of billing changes would affect only the app? The rate codes were all correct prior to this issue occurring.

I really do not like to look a gift horse in the mouth (and you certainly have been great!), but can you be more specific about what was done to bring the app entitlements back? Was this related to the billing cutover on the 8th? Like I said, the OnDemand issue resolved itself by the evening of the 13th.

All I want to do is pass along accurate information so that I can pass along meaningful information to the other folks I know who are experiencing the exact same issue.

Thanks.

Official Employee

CharlieOwe wrote:

Chad, Seriously? What kind of billing changes would affect only the app? The rate codes were all correct prior to this issue occurring.

I really do not like to look a gift horse in the mouth (and you certainly have been great!), but can you be more specific about what was done to bring the app entitlements back? Was this related to the billing cutover on the 8th? Like I said, the OnDemand issue resolved itself by the evening of the 13th.

All I want to do is pass along accurate information so that I can pass along meaningful information to the other folks I know who are experiencing the exact same issue.

Thanks.

yes, it was related to the billing conversation, your service codes were updated to match your equipment codes.   

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

THANK YOU. I assume you meant conversion.... and not conversation.... on the 8th!

Have a great holiday and THANK YOU for being available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It really does make a difference.

Contributor

Chad -- I am having the same issue, but sporadically. Sometimes, no channels work (same Subscription message), other times, only standard channels work, other times, things are fixed. 5 minutes later, the problem will return. Please help!

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

Just an update.... ALL is fixed as compared to the way it was. Whatever codes needed to be added or updated on the billing side at Comcast were added and did the trick.

However, with that said, I still find that the app throws the 12012 error sporadically for premium channels (like movie channels). If the app throws the error, I just need to try hitting the channel a couple of times and the app connects without further issue on that channel. It is almost like the app needed to cache that channel, or something similar.

Not sure if this is an app issue or a Comcast server issue (that is, they are just slow coughing up the entitlements).

My neighbor had the same issue and called customer support. Got the Philliphines. To "fix" the issue, the rep reset their account such that all recordings were deleted, two legacy boxes were inadvertently put in disconnect status and all his X1 boxes needed to have the account info re-entered. Then, mysteriously, Comcast robo called him to advise he had a new service call scheduled for January 2nd to finish the "new" installation. Needless to say my neighbor is fuming......

My counsel, for whatever it is worth..... wait for ComcastChad to help. He understands the issue, where as the front line Philippine CS reps don't necessarily.
Regular Visitor

No. Was there something I could do on my end to rectify or prevent this issue going forward?
Frequent Visitor

Comcast Chad,

FYI.

I have been using the app for over a day (since you adjusted my "services codes to match your equipment codes"). Not sure exactly what that means, but I guess with the new billing system many things are different.

Unfortunately, I have bad news and spoke too soon yesterday. The app still throws the error 12012 on a regular basis on random channels. It might take me three tries to get the channel to load and not see the 12012 pop-up, or it might take 10 tries. In the case of channel 870 (Velocity) the channel threw the 12012 error for over an hour and then finally started to load again. I would say that approximately 70% of the time I get the 12012 error, but eventually the channels load and the channels stream perfectly without pausing.

Is my access better since you had done whatever they did? Yes it is. Is it acceptable, no. At first I thought the app had a caching issue (once a channel was authorized, it stayed authorized), but that is not the case. There is no rhyme or reason as to when the app throws the 120112 error. It is more like the app cannot reach whatever Comcast server it needs to reach to authorize the channel before throwing the 12012 error . . . then I get lucky and the app is able to authorize the channel.

Any thoughts on what is going on with the app? Is Comcast working on fixing this situation? All other aspects of my account and X1 seem to be as close to perfect as X1 gets these days. Please don't adjust or change anything on my account until we discuss. Yes, I am paranoid.

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Thanks.
Contributor

Dealing with PRECISELY the same issue. Unacceptable. Constant messages of "Subscription 12012" then all will be well, then nothing works again. Frustrating in the extreme.
Frequent Visitor

Comcast Chad:

Just an update. For the last 24 hours (late Saturday thru Sunday) I have not gotten a single 12012 pop-up error. All channels load correctly and immediately.

I am hoping this is a permanent fix at Comcast!

Charlie
Contributor

My problem persists mad of now, I can't get onto a single channel without the dreaded subscription message.
Official Employee

Generous wrote:
My problem persists mad of now, I can't get onto a single channel without the dreaded subscription message.

I sent your account info to our billing team, this appears to be related to the recent billing migrations in your area. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Chad,

I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, as they say, but if this was purely a codes and billing issue, why does the issue come and go?

It really seems to me that there is at least a component of the problem related to the app and/or Comcast servers that offer up the entitlements.

Just my thoufghts in an effort to make the app more reliable.

Charlie

Official Employee

Generous wrote:

Can you try now and see if you are still getting the 12002 errors. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Thanks, Chad. All channels are now working. Will let you know if status changes. Truly appreciate it.

Regular Visitor

Having the same issue.  very frustrated as I have discussed with Comcast several times and no one can help me.  My case was escalated to the "advanced team" 2 days ago.   No word on anything yet.  This is unacceptable.  What can I do? 

Regular Contributor

I too just started getting the 12012 error on my iPhone. Chad can you take a look, kindly? App had been working great.

New Poster

I was able to watch TV on my devices until this morning for the past 3 month and later today I keep getting a message saying I'm not subscribing error 12012 12013. Can you help?

New Poster

I'm having the same error 12012
New Poster

I just started getting these 12012 errors on my IPod 6 and IPads. Please fix my account.
New Poster

Comcast Chad please help as of today my iPad and iPhone apps don't work. I am getting the 12012 error code even though my subscription has not changed.  This is for all channels and accessing the recorded shows on the DVR. Please help

Frequent Visitor

Same here was out of town for 2 weeks now IPad doesn't work and one of our TVs is broken so been using the IPad as a temp device but now this! Please help!!
Frequent Visitor

Just an observation, this thread was started in 2014 and the same issues continue. So, is this still a billing conversion issue or is this different?
New Poster

I've been having the same issue. All of my channels say that a subscription is required through the apps and internet portal. I've called in 3 times and been unable to get the issue resolved or have advanced technical support contact me back. Please help. This worked as of about a week ago until all of the channels started stating that a subscription is required.

New Poster

I have been using Xfinity TV app on my Ipad for over a year with only a few mishaps.  Yesterday I recieved this 12012 error code message that "no subscription for this channel".  That same day I spoke with tech support through level 1 no help, level 2 no help and finally with level three.  I must give credit to level 3 tech person "Valerie" and she tried everything that she knew how to do, but no banana.  She turned it over to "Engineering" and said it may take a week or more for a solution.  I know that my reply isn't any help but at least you will know that you are not the only person with this problem.  If "Engineering" helps me I will gladly post there comments and hopefuly solution.

Tags (1)
New Poster

I am having the same problem. I have only had X11 for 24 hours. With old cable box I had no problems
New Poster

Looks like the problem was on the X1 DVR.  They did some remote control of my DVR and maybe the X1 modem/gateway after a almost 2 week wait, and got things working like they should.  If you are still having the same problem call Telivision support and see if they have a fix for you.  Good luck with level 1 and 2.  Be patient because if you are not you will never get to level 3.  I have found that the first 2 levels of support are not very knowledgeable.  GOOD LUCK!

Service Expert
Moved:

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats