Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

MeTV Gone in DC

ANSWERED
New Poster

MeTV Gone in DC

Why has Comcast decided to stop airing MeTV in the DC area? It was channel 204, but this week it will be replaced with Charge!, which looks like it cycles the same bad 1980s movies for several weeks.

With MeTV, and a few of the other channels, it was safe for me to turn the TV on with my seven year old in the room. Now one of the options is gone for a channel that, honestly, I have no desire to watch. After all, I've been able to live this long without seeing Easy Wheels, Basic Instinct 2, Cuba, and Safari 3000.

Accepted Solution

Re: MeTV Gone in DC

MeTV and Charge! are broadcast networks carried by a local station. Comcast just passes on what they air.

A Google search seems to show that WJLA was carrying MeTV? WJLA is part of Sinclair Broadcast Group, and they made an agreement with MGM to start the Charge! network. It looks like MeTV is being dropped in favor of Charge! on many Sinclair stations.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/charge-sinclair-broadcast-metro-goldwyn-mayer-action-network-launch-1201887875/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Charge!_affiliates#District_of_Columbia

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

MeTV and Charge! are broadcast networks carried by a local station. Comcast just passes on what they air.

A Google search seems to show that WJLA was carrying MeTV? WJLA is part of Sinclair Broadcast Group, and they made an agreement with MGM to start the Charge! network. It looks like MeTV is being dropped in favor of Charge! on many Sinclair stations.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/charge-sinclair-broadcast-metro-goldwyn-mayer-action-network-launch-1201...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Charge!_affiliates#District_of_Columbia

Problem Solver

WJLA"s parent company made this decision, not Comcast.

I would imagine with the sheer size of the DC market that Me TV will reappear soon, but on a different channel. Perhaps newly independent WHAG (formerly NBC) in Hagerstown or WJAL (a longtime independent station in Hagerstown) could see a window to be relevant to all parts of the DC market for the first time with a network like Me TV.

New Poster

I want my Me TV 😉. Those of you d enough will get this...lol
New Poster

I contacted Comcast and asked why they are no longer airing MeTV. Comcast told me that it was WJLA's decision and since Comcast has a contract with WJLA, it has to air whatever WJLA does. When I contacted WJLA, they told me that Comcast is free to air whatever it wants. These two statements dont seem to make sense.

I dont understand why comcast can't air MeTV in the Washington DC area (perhaps on a different channel number) and air CHARGE!

Any one have an explanation?

New Poster

I too really enjoy METV late nights and early mornings on the weekends. I'm so incredibly bored by Chargel! It's awful! I want METV back and Comcast should do everything it can to return it!!!

I would protest in favor of its return but it sounds like you've only encourtered walls and excuses from both WJLA and Comcast! I suggest we keep insisting they bring METV back periodically! We are paying enough after all for the service! I've considered looking for another carrier that carries what I want to see!

Problem Solver

Charge isn't going anywhere, it is owned partly by WJLA"s corporate parent, the Sinclair Broadcast Group. Me TV has moved to WTTG (FOX 5) as one of their subchannels.

Getting Comcast to add it at this point involves making a deal with WTTG and its owner, FOX Television Stations Group.

Contributor

Until Comcast brings it back, which I'm sure it will sooner or later, you can invest in a relatively inexpensive digital antenna (as low as $19.95 on Amazon) and pick it up OTA on channel 5.3 in the DC AREA.

Regular Visitor

hi.i erscaned broadcast channels and still cant pick up 5.3 channel.will the digital antena be the only method

New Poster

Comcast.  Bring back MeTV to the DC line-up.

New Poster

I also ask to have Me-TV back on.  If it is on  Channel 5.3 what is the delay?

New Poster

I would like to see MeTv brought back.  I do not care for what is shown on the new Charge station.

New Poster

Charge is the worst!!. I looked forward to watching METV mid day and on the weekend now I guess I will just cancel my cable service since I can't see anything I really like to watch

New Poster

I hate not having Metv too. I emailed WTTG last week about it and they stated metv should be available on Comcast by end of last week. It didn't happen. I get channel 5 on Comcast. How can you get channel 5.3?
Silver Problem Solver

You will need a separate antenna connection currently until Comcast adds it to the lineup. You basically hook up an antenna to your TV's RF input, switch it to antenna mode, then do a channel scan. You then need to toggle between antenna and the cable box input.

New Poster

Why does Cox channel already have METV but not Comcast? They got it on the air really fast. Charg gives nothing but garbage! Let's get METV back on the air! I miss my classic TV. Why can't you work hard to get us what we want to pay for rather than what we do not?

New Poster

I'm not allowed to have sattelleite dish where I lve so even if I wanted to get it, I can't. I'm already paying for cable on Comcast. They should give us what we want. This isn't free!

Problem Solver

It's all about contracts at this point. Comcast already carries the other WTTG subchannels. It's just about getting an agreement, and it will probably have a different channel number when it comes back since Charge is where MeTV used to be.

But it will come back. Just be patient. Be glad that WTTG picked the channel up.

Frequent Visitor

So, we need to dump Comcast AND stop watching WJLA?  OK.  I will never watch WJLA TV again.  I am shopping for an alternative to Comcast and hope to be out of their absurdly priced packages ASAP.  All because they won't bring back ME-TV.  Nice going, Comcast.  Charg! is awful.

New Poster

I too miss MeTV on the channel lineup.  I posted a question about it on Twitter and Facebook and received the following reply:

". . . To request content, please visit ​ ​and click on the Customer Feedback Form."

If we all request the channel using this form, perhaps they will add it.

Regular Contributor

According to MeTV, they will be back in DC starting tomorrow the 21st on ch 196.

New Poster

Hi,

As of today (Friday, April 21, 2017) MeTV is on Channel 196 on Comcast in the DC area.

http://metv.com/d-c-tune-in-update

Yay!!

New Poster

Just found it today.  So happy it's back.  I missed "Svengoolie".

New Poster

I contacted them both as well at the end of March (2017) and they told me the same thing, so either one of them (or both) are lying to us because they do not want us to know the real culprit. OR, they didn't completely understand what I was asking them because the person at Comcast was not American and I was having a difficult  time understanding what she was telling me. Unfortunately in today's world this happens way too often. One would think if Comcast is not to blame then they would be trying very hard to make that clear...

New Poster

Channel 5.3 has stopped airing it on local antenna television as well.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats