New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

MaxGo application

ANSWERED
Official Employee

MaxGo application

Hello Everyone!

We are aware that Comcast Xfinity is not an option when trying to register with MaxGo app.  We are working to resolve this.  In the meantime, please know that you can still access all MaxGo content at xfinitytv.comcast.net and on the XfinityTV app.

We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.  

Best,

Melissa Mendoza

Melissa Mendoza
National Customer Operations

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Accepted Solution

Re: MaxGo application

Hi all,

Effective today, MAX GO is available on the iPhone, iPad, Android mobile devices (excluding tablets) and at www.maxgo.com to XFINITY TV customers that subscribe to Cinemax. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

Are you also aware that you are not an option on the watchespn app as well?
Frequent Visitor

Any ETA on the fix, Melissa?  Also, your statement is false.  Very little of MaxGo and HBOGo content is available on Xfinity.  For whatever reason, those 'channels' are holding out on you.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Where is comcast at with maxgo app
Silver Problem Solver

cinemax shows are available on the xfinitytv app for iphone and ipad.  I don't understand what exactly your asking for?

Frequent Visitor

It's not that hard to understand really - we want to be able to access the Max Go app, not the Xfinity app because not every show available on Max Go is available on the Xfinity app. For instance, when I checked last, there were 3 episodes of a show on Max Go but only one was available on Xfinity. 

New Poster

Maxgo offers for there subscribers to watch next weeks episode and xfinity doesn't. Please give permission to maxgo
Silver Problem Solver

ok now I get it.  thanks for the clarification.  Is there a reason why you need to watch these episodes outside of your normal viewing tv?  I am just curious if anyone else were to ask the same question .  It seems that if its availbe to you on your tv why you need it on your mobile device also.

Frequent Visitor

Any number of reasons - people are on the go (a lot of people on busses / trains to and from work), watching it downstairs while WAG is watching the TV upstairs, watching it ousted while keeping an eye on the kids. Things are moving to mobile and the question is why can't Comcast offer full access to it instead of the incomplete solution we have now in the Xfinity app.
New Poster

Any updates on mango and comcast?

I really like this as an option.
Frequent Visitor

Anyone? ... Anyone? Comcast in the back - any idea how long it will take (it has been over a month now) ... Anyone? ....

Frequent Visitor

Now I am just getting Annoyed. You can't bother answering so I will start turning in our Comcast gear - starting with our HD box tomorrow. I know it is SUCH an annoyance to have to take 2 minutes to post an update for your clients.
Regular Visitor

Add me to the list of Xfinity customers waiting for a reply on when MaxGo is going to be available. It certainly sounded in the previous message from Comcast that this was just a problem that would be fixed quickly. Can anyone from Comcast give us an update as to when this will be available?
New Poster

The question is when and why not now? She has a e-mail , perhaps we should consider e-mailing her every day until this is fixed. They may be handcuffed by hbo not allowing them to offer it since comcast might not be paying enough royalties. All speculation until Maria tells the truth
Frequent Visitor

I tried emailing Melissa, but she ignored it.  So instead, I just reported this thread as inappropriate. 

Why? Because Comcast lied to us. They have no intention of ever allowing us to view MaxGo, or the rest of HBO Go, for that matter.  Comcast negotiated with HBO to limit content available to their subscribers, in an attempt to drive more business to Video on Demand.

See Why Comcast doesn't allow access to HBO's MAX Go for details.

Problem Solver

All,
Sorry about the confusion. Maxgo is working as it was designed to. Whether you log in online at www.maxgo.com or through the app itself. You will be redirected to log in at xfinity. Cinemax's Max go content is currently only available online.
It doesn't not work as a separate app like HBOgo.HBO is available via mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, etc…)

At the present there are additional online TV available through partner sites like TNT and TBS. CNN, cartoon network, adult swim, CNN and tru TV are all coming available to our customers.

CNN is available online and via mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, etc…). Similar to XFINITY TV and XFINITY TV app customers can view and stream content to specific devices. The difference is that this content is provided by the content provider, such as CNN, Cartoon Network, HBO or TNT and not Comcast.Just use your comcast.net log in information to set up your account.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Frequent Visitor

Hi Keisha

You mentioned that "It doesn't work as a sperate app like HBOgo" and "Max go content is currently only available online." but if you go here http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/max-go/id453560335?mt=8 you will see that it IS a seperate app and should be available via the iPhone (and probably on android devices as well but not sure about that). Please get Comcast to allow us to login to Max Go app (DirecTV has access!!!) and WatchEspn app as well (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/watchespn/id429009175?mt=8) which right now is only available for VerizonFios, Brighthouse and Time Warner Cable. There are more cynical theories out there as to why Comcast is not allowing users to login to Max Go and WatchESPN like this theory, http://www.multichannel.com/blog/BIT_RATE/32749-Why_Comcast_Doesn_t_Allow_Access_to_HBO_s_MAX_Go.php...

Frequent Visitor

Sorry Cheshyr

Frequent Visitor

Are you done lying?  We are not stupid.  HBOgo works as intended. I can use my Android phone and iPad to watch movies in their app.  MAXgo is *not* working, and Cinemax confirmed that it's due to Comcast refusing to allow it!  Now get off your high horse and fix the problem!!!

New Poster

I assume no resolution to this old post. I just got max go for my iPad, and was a bit annoyed to not see xfinity listed. The other thing they don't allow is mirroring with the HBO app. That sucks for the simple reason that the go library is superior to the standard on demand choices. I am certain they don't allow it because they don't want go users to be able to play HBO shows at a friends house who may not subscribe. I am currently running a split hdmi to my tv from my Pc to access the go library on my main entertainment unit.
Regular Visitor

It's all about greed. Annoying and petty. You want us to watch MAXgo online but yet 'oh look we have data caps' but look here I have unlimited data on my cellphone but I cannot watch MAXgo on it because Comcast actively blocks it. Geez thanks ever so much.

Please don't come in here and make post telling us MAXgo is working as it was designed because even Cinemax says it should work on my android phone but that Comcast is actively blocking it.

How about being honest with us for once? Flat out lying to us only serves to make the issue worse and such stupid petty acts like this by Comcast already has me wanting the leave. We pay a lot of money for these services from Comcast and to pull this petty stuff is downright insulting.

Why is it that Comcast never gives a honest answer, just PR bull?

New Poster

"please know that you can still access all MaxGo content at xfinitytv.comcast.net and on the XfinityTV app."

This is a flat out lie. Not all the content offered on MaxGo is available on the XfinityTV app. This is just another reason why Verizon Fios is becoming more and more appealing. Please remedy this or I just may take my buisness elsewhere.

New Poster

This thread is an astounding example of poor communication between COMCAST and its customers about a very simple issue. Clearly, the MAXGO app is NOT available for Comcast customers and the Xfinity option is clearly NOT an equivalent one. The official responses on this thread from COMCAST seem designed to deliberately obfuscate this fact--or else the folks who responded are simply less knowledgeable than the customers. As a professor who teaches a media class, I'll be following the thread and plan to use it in class as an example of corporate communication. Students will form their own opinions about the quality of Comcast's responses on this issue. Interesting case study.
New Poster

Actually, I'm guessing that my last post may have been too harsh. I suspect that the Comcast folks who replied simply may not have understood the issue. Perhaps if they read all of this, we'll get a better response at some point. I am NOT particularly down on COMCAST at all. I have been VERY satisfied with their services and wouldn't change a thing in terms of the quality of what they provide to me.
Regular Visitor

At the present there are additional online TV available through partner sites like TNT and TBS. CNN, cartoon network, adult swim, CNN and tru TV are all coming available to our customers.
CNN is available online and via mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, etc…). Similar to XFINITY TV and XFINITY TV app customers can view and stream content to specific devices. The difference is that this content is provided by the content provider, such as CNN, Cartoon Network, HBO or TNT and not Comcast.Just use your comcast.net log in information to set up your account.

Thank You -Keisha-

How in blazes does that statement even have anything to do with the MAXGO app? I honestly wished Comcast would stop lying to us and just let us use the MAXGO app on our mobile devices like Cinemax says we are suppose to.

None of us asked about those other apps, heck, this topic is not even about those apps. It does work just like HBOgo, it's even made by the same development team, so please stop telling the same tired story as we all know it's a lie.

You put data caps on our internet and then keep telling us to use all this online content. Now you tell us 'oh use our xfinity TV app on your devices' well many of us cannot because you still are using these stupid Scientific Atlanta boxes and dvr's which will NOT work correctly with the app. So basically, 90% of the Xfinity app options we can't use.

Sheesh, Comcast honesty and customer service. These two things leave something to seriously be desired.
New Poster

So it's almost the end of the year now, and still no MAXGO... Any word YET Comcast? Or are you still choosing to just ignore us and hope we go away?
New Poster

the xfinity app on android doesn't let you watch instantly

New Poster

Still no word or update in it
New Poster

Working on it?!?

Listen melissa, you hacks have been "working on it for over 6 months now! I downloaded the max go api over 6 months ago and realized that comcast wasn't a provider. I called comcast myself several times over the last 6 months and I keep getting the same lame response. "were working on it, it'll be available soon". Yeah, 6 months later and still not available. I'm just fed up with comcast now. Its painfully obvious that comcast just doesn't care to work for their customers anymore. For pete sake, even direct tv in puerto rico has max go available! I don't know about anyone else but I'm sick of the empty promises and lack of work ethic from comcast. I'm going to give it one more week and then I'm just going to switch to verizon fios. I urge anyone reading this to do the same. Comcast is not the company it used to be and I'm sick of it. Fix the problem already! Hbo go works fine, theres no reason why max go doesn't. They are made by the same company! Just fix it! Enough lame excuses, just get it to work!
Regular Visitor

I have FINALLY figured out how to get Comcast to make MaxGo available to its subscribers. I have called president Obama and said that MaxGo is a requirement for my healthcare. I believe he will be calling Comcast to tell them that they have to make it available. Unfortunately, I don't even think that will work!!! Frustrated subscriber!
Frequent Visitor

Any word when Max Go will be available for Comcast users?
New Poster

you cant watch all maxgo on the xfinity app

New Poster

This is no different than the problem for years now where CABLEVISION, for example, offers over 12 HBO channels in HD and Comcast offers 2! When you ask why you get a scripted answer that "Comcast offers the most HD of any cable provider. " Huh? They just don't listen, and then they insult you with their response.
New Poster

Melissa, you wrote on 8/13/11 MaxGo was not working.  It is now 4/21/12.  Any update?  Thanks.

New Poster

Comcast/Xfinity is still not al isted provider for either this or the Showtime app.

New Poster

the app? what app? not the mobile app, the mobile xfinity app will NOT let you play shows and movies for ANDROID as hbogo does and as im sure maxgo would, so, that as a FACT will you get to fixing this?

New Poster

you cant watch anything on that app for xfinity at all!

Official Employee

Hi all,

Effective today, MAX GO is available on the iPhone, iPad, Android mobile devices (excluding tablets) and at www.maxgo.com to XFINITY TV customers that subscribe to Cinemax. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats