Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Many Xfinity features misrepresented (they don't work)

Frequent Visitor

Many Xfinity features misrepresented (they don't work)

After being heavily bombarded with the Xfinity panacea of features, the truth is they don't work in Memphis. I was particularly interested in the web apps for DVR manager, the DVR Calendar options, and most recently, texting. The errors are "can't connect to server..." for texting, and "no compatible DVR in your household" for DVR Manager.

I have a new DVR that I was supposedly issued as "compatible". I'm having one heck of a time getting straight answers from Comcast/Xfinity. As a relatively new customer, I had literally been "sold" on these features. Now it appears the "upgrades" required for these features may not happen until the end of 2012!  Yet these features continue to be advertised heavily here including the e-mail push for texting as late as last week. I keep getting the standard answer "the technicians are aware, blah, blah,blah". Somebody, tell me it ain't true!

Comcast's marketing here is misrepresented and apparently, Comcast has no corporate conscious whatsoever.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Many Xfinity features misrepresented (they don't work)

kcf58 wrote:

After being heavily bombarded with the Xfinity panacea of features, the truth is they don't work in Memphis. I was particularly interested in the web apps for DVR manager, the DVR Calendar options, and most recently, texting. The errors are "can't connect to server..." for texting, and "no compatible DVR in your household" for DVR Manager.

I have a new DVR that I was supposedly issued as "compatible". I'm having one heck of a time getting straight answers from Comcast/Xfinity. As a relatively new customer, I had literally been "sold" on these features. Now it appears the "upgrades" required for these features may not happen until the end of 2012!  Yet these features continue to be advertised heavily here including the e-mail push for texting as late as last week. I keep getting the standard answer "the technicians are aware, blah, blah,blah". Somebody, tell me it ain't true!

Comcast's marketing here is misrepresented and apparently, Comcast has no corporate conscious whatsoever.

It shows that you have a compatible DVR and are in a DVR Manger market.

Our team is looking into this now and I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Joe - I received a telephone call today from someone in DVR support(?) He indicated that I DO NOT have a compatible DVR and they simply are not available in my area. I can't accept his answer. He further intimated that these mysterious and coveted DVR's could not be brought in from another area either. What a load.

Contributor

Yes, I would like to know why I can't get dvr management from my mobile app in Southern CT. I called about this last fall and they said that none of the DVRs in my area have this functionality but  it should be available early 2012. Still not happening.

Why? And, I agree, why advertise a feature they know is not available.

Frequent Visitor

Joe - Any updates on Compatible DVR's in Memphis.The only web application that works is e-mail. No texting either. Any additional info. you can find would be most appreciated.

ComcastJoe wrote:

kcf58 wrote:

It shows that you have a compatible DVR and are in a DVR Manger market.

Our team is looking into this now and I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Frequent Visitor

Joe - Still waiting for a valid reponse from the "Team": smileycry:

Frequent Visitor

Song

Oh Lord, won't you buy me, a new - cable - company

My friends all have good ones and that's what's stumping me

I work hard all my lifetime, too much money do I pay,

Oh Lord, won't you get me, the features for which I've paid.

Oh Lord, won't you get me, a DVR with a Manager that works,

AND i'D LIKE TO HAVE my TEXTING, there must be 1000 more quirks

If only one of these webs apps had, fun-ction-ality at all

Oh Lord, dear Comcast, would never have to fall - stall - appall.

I want my DVR Manager and Texting services - AS ADVERTISED!!

I need a straightforward solution - TODAY.

Thanks???

Official Employee

kcf58 wrote:

Joe - Still waiting for a valid reponse from the "Team": smileycry:

The upgraded guide that includes features like DVR Manager is out now for Anyroom DVR customers in your area. It will become available to all customers in your area in about 30 days.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Joe - Please explain "Anyroom DVR". Is this going to be a free feature for DVR customers? Is it going to work for single DVR users? Is "Anyroom DVR" the only way users will be able to use the DVR apps? Thanks.

Official Employee

This is not the only way for DVR apps to work but AnyRoom DVR does require an additional fee and more than one DVR. It also requires a professional Comcast installation.

Go here to learn more about AnyRoom DVR: 

http://www.comcast.com/anyroomdvr/?SCRedirect=true

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Hey Joe. What's it been, 45 days? I must be insane. I continue to do the same thing expecting a different outcome. What date are they dreaming of these days?

DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are
unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.

Frequent Visitor

The texting feature has finally been activated. Yay Comcast. However, I can't seem to determine how to change the "Text From: NAME". For example if the account primary name is that of my wife, how can I make MY text messages appear they are from me?

Thanks in Advance.

Frequent Visitor

Well, it's been 11 months since I signed with Comcast. Still getting message about "..no compatible set top boxes in your household.." This, of course doesn't represent the fact that the DVR manager app.won't work (in my area, 38111 - as claimed). My patience is starting to diminish again. Could someone with Comcast PLEASE give an estimated timeline for the upgrade(s) required to make all these advertised features operable?
Frequent Visitor

They are doing the same clown routine in the Palm Beach Garden area. Comcast commits fraud on a daily basis by promoting services that they do not have the ability to deliver. I have been trying for months to get this resolved, including finally agreeing to pay and upgrade ot the anyroom service. Now if they can only send a tech witgh half a brain to actually bring the equipment, we might move on to the next step. I really wish there was more competition in cable choice. Time Warner has all of these features nailed down. Comcast? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation