Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Maintain scheduled DVR shows within online profile

New Poster

Maintain scheduled DVR shows within online profile

My online account should be the "default" location for storing my schedule of shows to be recorded on my DVR.  As changes are made either locally with the remote or online through DVR manager, everything should sync with my online account.

A customer should not have to reschedule all of the shows previously configured when a cable box needs to be replaced for one reason or another.  Comcast should push scheduled events from my online account to my DVR.

Its just silly to ask your customers to reschedule all shows previously scheduled to be recorded when your equipment fails.

Please add feature to make my online account the default for storing scheduled DVR recordings.  If an online account does not exist then thats the customers issue.  You should recommend all customers to create online accounts for this reason.

thanks

Tags (1)
Service Expert

Re: Maintain scheduled DVR shows within online profile

It would be great to have that feature. Unfortunately as it is now it simply will not work.

Your online account is linked to a specific dvr and what is listed online is for that dvr.

When you exchange the box there is a different number associated with it and the box has to sync to the online account.  Because the numbers are different  your setup cannot transfer over to the new box.

edit to add: your other four posts were removed because

1) they said the same thing as the post you made here. Posting the same or similar message multiple times is considered spamming the forum

2) they were scattered about in different forums

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation