Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Low framerate causing eyestrain, headache

Regular Contributor

Low framerate causing eyestrain, headache

It was bad enough that the entire Xfinity streaming service has suffered from bad buffering since the beginning of the year, causing programs to pause multiple times per minute, but for the last few weeks or so the framerate has dropped to the point of being unwatchable. I'd say that Xfinity plays at about 10-15 frames per second, which is roughly 1/2 of what would be considered acceptable or smooth to the human eye. Its so bad that I get eyestrain and headaches after 15 minutes or so of viewing.

Unlike companies that have good customer relations, Comcast seems very reluctant to share information with its customers, so I won't bother asking why it happens or when it will be fixed. I just want to stress that your online product is so bad it is causing actual physical discomfort...does anyone at Comcast care?

I will continue to get my bill partially refunded every month until these problems are fixed. Until then I will take small comfort in the fact that I am taking money out of Comcast's coffers, even if its only a little bit.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Low framerate causing eyestrain, headache

I would not say that the entire streaming service has suffered since beginning of the year.  It might have been suffering for you but not all.   I have no problems with comcast streaming anything, we watch it all the time on 4 ipads, so maybe you should look to your own set up and see what might be causing this, your experience is not the norm by any means, why you would think that what is normal to you is what everyone sees is a mystery.

Regular Contributor

Please dont use my threads to bump your post count up. This has nothing to do with and wont be fixed by the amateurish solutions you copy and paste ad nauseum throughout this forum.

Silver Problem Solver

I could care less about post count, that means nothing to anyone who actually tries to help here.  That is not a copy and paste response I custom  typed that to you.  Again I will ask you why you think that your problem is the same across all comcast as it is not, like I said I have no issues nor do millions of others.  If you cant stream things on your pc you need to look to your own local set up and find out why. its not like a tech can come to your home and troubleshoot video on your pc.  Since your response was rude and uncalled for I am removing myself from your issue and I wish you good luck with your own local issue.  the rest of us will enjoy our worry free streaming. 

Silver Problem Solver

rog

Check this link out. It is one reason the OP stated it was a issue for others. Maybe not all Comcast systems but it might not be local to the OP.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Lots-Of-Problems-Viewing-Episodes-Online/td-p/1590293

Regular Contributor

That thread you linked is just one of about a dozen threads related to the problem I'm having. Its obvious that Comcast is working on the problem, its just frustrating that they don't communicate their efforts, especially when things get worse as they have in the last few weeks. Its even more frustrating when knucklehead users come in and claim its somehow on my end just because the problem doesn't affect them...talk about amateur hour, sheesh.

I'm not sure what binds those of us affected...could be distance from a hub, web congestion in our neighborhoods, who knows. Its pretty clear Comcast has no idea why its happening either, seeing as how they avoid all of these threads like the plague.

New Poster

What do you do to get your bill partially refunded?  I haven't tried talking to them yet, I had just figured since it was included for free with my internet service that they wouldn't offer anything.  (I'm assuming you don't subscribe to this as a standalone service, since paying for this garbage would cause most people to douse themselves with gasoline, light themselves on fire, and  foot-first through a woodchipper.)

Regular Contributor

Just call customer service and politely explain that their Xfinity streaming site has been unwatchable, and that you would like reimbursement for an unusable service.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation