Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Lost recording schedule on XTV web portal and Xfinity TV app

Problem Solver

Lost recording schedule on XTV web portal and Xfinity TV app

I was attempting to watch a show that was suppose to be recorded on my Cloud DVR this evening: Vikings on channel 1270 @ 9:00 PM. The recording never occurred on the Cloud DVR but only the physical DVR. I then checked my recording schedule and saw I had no recordings scheduled on the Cloud DVR, but I have over 30 scheduled on the physical DVR.

I checked the schedule on both the XTV web portal and the Xfinity TV app, and both are empty.  My schedule on the physical DVR and the http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr website are both intact. My Cloud DVR has been working flawlessly for months.  What is going on?

I rescheduled the Vikings episode for early in the morning and it shows on the recording schedule (XTV portal and app), but my other 30 scheduled recordings are not displaying. I really don't want to set up all these series recordings again on the portal and app, and am hoping this is a glitch that Comcast is aware of, and it will fix itself. I am in the Nashville market.

Problem Solver

Re: Lost recording schedule on XTV web portal and Xfinity TV app

It's about 2 hours later and I decided to check my Cloud DVR recording schedule. My series recordings are now showing up again on the XTV portal and app, however, all the one time recordings that I have scheduled are still missing from the portal and app, but still show up on the physical DVR.

Something strange has happened.  Maybe by tomorrow the entire schedule will fix itself, otherwise I guess I will be rescheduling a bunch of shows. Too late to deal with this right now. Ugh.

Problem Solver

I just checked my schedule again this morning on the XTV web portal, and my one time recordings are still not showing up on the Cloud DVR schedule. I guess I need to reschedule the 2 shows that will record tonight, and wait to reschedule the 5 that were to record Saturday night, in the hope that a Comcast employee can take a look at what happened to my schedule.

Problem Solver

Schedule mismatch for April 2, 2016

schedule_cloud.jpg

schedule_dvr.jpg

Official Employee

Hi HowAboutThisOne, I see that you called in about your channels not working after this post, were they able to correct both of these issues?

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

I called yesterday about my channels not working because I just traded in my 5 tuner DVR for a 6 tuner DVR. The replacement they gave me was defective, so I had to go back to the Xfinity store and get another replacement. That one worked.  That had nothing to do with all my One Time scheduled recordings disappearing off of the Cloud. The only way I got those back was to reschedule using the XTV web portal. It's fine now until it happens again.

ComcastPhill wrote:

Hi HowAboutThisOne, I see that you called in about your channels not working after this post, were they able to correct both of these issues?

Thank you

Official Employee

Thank you for the update, I was just wondering if the cloud  issue was addressed as well when you called in. If you do have issues with recordings disappearing off the Cloud in the future please let me know and I will research for you.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation