Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Lost local channels on X1 computer streaming, TV is fine though.

New Poster

Lost local channels on X1 computer streaming, TV is fine though.

As the title says, when I go to watch Live TV via the tv.xfinity.com web site all of my local channels won't show up under the listings. I can see all of the premium channels though. But things like ABC, NBC and CBS are not there. Those channels do work fine though through the digital box connected to the television. Any ideas?

Service Expert

Re: Lost local channels on X1 computer streaming, TV is fine though.

ecroskey wrote:

As the title says, when I go to watch Live TV via the tv.xfinity.com web site all of my local channels won't show up under the listings. I can see all of the premium channels though. But things like ABC, NBC and CBS are not there. Those channels do work fine though through the digital box connected to the television. Any ideas?

the locall hardware is not part of the cloud DVR service that you enjoy with the X1 entertainment system. While your desk/laptop or apple/android device is connected to your home comcast internet, you will be able to watch any channel that is included in your subscription. The listings page on the https://tv.xfinity.com/ site or by using the xfinity TV app on a smart device will show only the channels to which you subscribe.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

ecroskey wrote:

At the top of the "Live TV" section, ensure that the "Available out of home" filter is NOT enabled, assuming you are connected to your in-home XFINITY network. Local broadcast networks are only available in select markets when out of home but should be there for any subscriber to TV and Internet service when in-home. Customers with video service but no XFINITY Internet service, will only see the "TV Go" (watch anywhere in USA) versions of the lineup since there is no way for us to know that you are in-home.

You can also search for the network in the search box (i.e. Type "NBC" in the search box, select appropriate "Channel Collection" and watch). 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am having the same issue. When I search for the channel name "NBC" I get the NBC Channel Collection, but when I click on that I get the following as the results. 

Oops! No Results at the moment.

Try another keyword!

The local channels also do not shop up in the tv listings. There are no filters. I have contacted Comcast, but they don't seem to understand it when I say -"I can't see my local channels on tv.xfinity.com or any of my xfinity mobile apps". 

New Poster

Another thing I just noticed is that my online DVR listings have not been updated to the latest either. I don't see shows that were recorded this week, but I can see things recorded in early October. Almost like my xfinity box is not updating online content correctly.

Service Expert

kflatford wrote:

Another thing I just noticed is that my online DVR listings have not been updated to the latest either. I don't see shows that were recorded this week, but I can see things recorded in early October. Almost like my xfinity box is not updating online content correctly.

All cloud DVR assets recorded after June 6, 2016 are available on your X1 equipment and can be played on any of the X1 equipment on your account. There can be events that cause the recordings to not be deleted on the cloud DVR. using the web site or the xfinity TV app you can remove any unnecessary Cloud DVR recordings. When you delete a cloud DVR asset, if it exists on the home DVR(s), it will be deleted there too.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

That's not the problem, there are new shows recorded on my DVR that I can't see on my mobile apps or online. I had accused my kids of deleting some of the shows, but I went back and they are still in the recordings of the DVR, but I can't see them online.

Service Expert

kflatford wrote:

That's not the problem, there are new shows recorded on my DVR that I can't see on my mobile apps or online. I had accused my kids of deleting some of the shows, but I went back and they are still in the recordings of the DVR, but I can't see them online.

it isn't possible to delete from teh cloud and not from the home physical DVRs (by you). If the cloud DVR programs are set to be kept for a year and there is no room left, then assets won't record on the cloud DVR when it has 60 hours stored. You can test this using a hot recording while in the home. Hit record on a channel (like TVLand). then on the cloud DVR check to see if it is recording. when it finishes test it to see if it played back normally. 

to check recordings bring up each one you wish to check and press the info button on the remote select options, this episode only for series, and examine the settings for 'keep' duration.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation