Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Locked out of mobile app shows

Regular Visitor

Locked out of mobile app shows

I have been using the Xfinity player on my phone for quite some time now, and have been relatively pleased with it. However, I have been having some serious issues lately with my service being shut off, overbilled, and altogether just a pathetic showing of this thing we call "service". Around the same time these issues arose, I became locked out of basic cable channels on the mobile app. Channels such as TBS. I have signed out and back in, I have uninstalled the app entirely and reinstalled, and neither fixes it. I understand why Comcast is always a contendor in the running for the Golden Poo award. Please advise on other options.

Problem Solver

Re: Locked out of mobile app shows

So which exact app (and on what mobile platform) are you using? When you are saying you are locked out of basic channels (like TBS) what are you trying to do exactly in the app and what does that actually result in?
Regular Visitor

It is the Xfinity Player app. Instead of being able to watch shows on channels like Comedy Central and TBS, I just get the orange lock button that says I need a subscription (which I have). The weird thing is I can watch shows on channels like History. I am running this on a Android 4.1.2, and like I said, have had no problems until last week when I renewed my service las week and started having a slew of problems.

Problem Solver

It might be that the services on your account might not have been set up completely correctly when your service was renewed. It might be worth contacting Comcast to check on your account and make sure all the correct services are added and set up correctly.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation