Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Local networks no longer available to stream?

Frequent Visitor

Local networks no longer available to stream?

I've been using the tv streaming service to watch local network tv (ABC, NBC, CBS etc) for a while now.  This past week those channels have vanished from the tv channel listings page https://tv.xfinity.com/listings.  I just looked at the page that shows the network channels available for streaming and none of the local networks are listed. https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/tv-go-live-streaming-networks

So has Xfinity stopped streaming these channels without telling the customers or is there just a problem with the service?  I'd really like to know.  Support has been no help at all so far.  I've tried chat support twice so far with no results and am now waiting for a call from another support person.

Service Expert

Re: Local networks no longer available to stream?

It sounds like there is an issue with what your account says you have access to.  Maybe a call to Comcast customer services to have them check your entitlements would help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

My entitlements???  I'm subscribed to the streaming tv service.  I access this from the tv listings page.  There are now no channels visible on the page so I can no longer use the service.  I'm not trying to access anything extra or any premium channels.  Just the regular network stations.

Service Expert

What package does your Comcast bill say you are paying for?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

The "package" on the bill is called stream tv.  I know what I'm paying for and what I should be getting since I've been getting it all year but thanks for trying to help out.  Anyway, the listings on the site have now been restored after making no changes on my end.  I still wish they could just tell us that theres a problem on their end and that theyre working on it.  Would save a whole lot of aggrevation.

New Poster

I ama having same issue as well. No listings are showing up and I stream all day everdy via internet as well as tv.

Frequent Visitor

The only thing I can tell you is to wait and maybe it will be fixed.  It has happened to me twice now and both times it has taken about a week to come back.  Each time there was nothing that could be done on my end to resolve the problem.  The only thing that support ever told me is that they would "refresh the UDB" and to wait an hour and maybe it would be back. That never did anything.  Each time the listings page wasn't functioning properly for about a week and then it came back.  Good luck!!!!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation