Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Local channels not working on wifi

New Poster

Local channels not working on wifi

For more than a month now when I am at home on my laptop on Wifi,TV Listings continuously says "looks like you are not on your home wifi" and does not offer the option of watching channels 2 through 32 (local channels) on the laptop.  I do not have this problem on my tv, tablet or mobile phone.

What could be causing the wifi problem on the laptop? Wifi is active with a strong signal. Had a service call last week, the issue was never corrected.  

Service Expert

Re: Local channels not working on wifi

hassanmd wrote:

For more than a month now when I am at home on my laptop on Wifi,TV Listings continuously says "looks like you are not on your home wifi" and does not offer the option of watching channels 2 through 32 (local channels) on the laptop.  I do not have this problem on my tv, tablet or mobile phone.

What could be causing the wifi problem on the laptop? Wifi is active with a strong signal. Had a service call last week, the issue was never corrected.  

What is the SSID of your laptop when you get this message?  Is it different from the SSID when you DON'T get the message?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Local channels not working on wifi

If you have a Comcast gateway, make certain the computer is actually connecting to your home network, and not xfinitywifi. It's also possible that they may be more strict, or outright block, on a computer since it's easier for people to find ways to copy the video.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation