Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Local 10 Morning News and CBS Morning News do not work

Frequent Visitor

Local 10 Morning News and CBS Morning News do not work

When I try to watch morning news on Saturday morning at 6:00 AM neither of the above local news channels will work. I get an error telling me these are available only from my home.  I was in my home at the time!

Tags (1)
Problem Solver

Re: Local 10 Morning News and CBS Morning News do not work

Hi cynthia_wilson,

Apologies for the issue with the TV. I sent a signal to your equipment. Can you check and see if everything is working correctly now?Also, keep in mind your account is on a seasonal hold, so you will only have access to the Limited Basic channels.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I use my Comcast/Xfinity on my computer in Massachusetts when I am not in Florida.  Until a couple of days ago (even while on seasonal) I could watch the news on line.  Could watch live, streaming.  As of yesterday I had audio but no video.  As of today I have neither audio nor video.  What can I do to make it the was is was up to 2 days ago?  Some setting must have changed.  I have no idea. Thanks in advance for any help.

Frequent Visitor

Still not working. :-(
Problem Solver

What link are you trying to use to stream live tv?

Also, let me see if I am getting this correct.  Your Florida account is your main Comcast account.  Yes or no?  You are currently in Massachusetts. Yes or no?  What internet provider are you using if you are in Massachusetts?

Live streaming is suppose to work only when you are connected to your home (Florida) network.  If you are in Massachusetts, live streaming will not work since you are out of home (Florida).  Not sure how it was working a few days ago, since that is not how it is suppose to work.

Frequent Visitor

The account is for my FL condo and that is where I signed up for it so that would probably be counted as "Home" in this instance.  I actually live in MA but we put an end to our Verizon cable services (too expensive and to frustrating).  We use Netflix, etc. now.  So...looks like it was a fluke that I got live streaming news on my computer in MA up until recent days, correct?  I found if I went to Safari instead of Chrome and used Adobe Flash instead of Java that I got both audio and video.  It's all so bizarre and convoluted and confusing.  I just can't stand it.  Maybe I should just discontinue the whole thing.  Whose got time for this???

Frequent Visitor

Still no video on live streaming news channels on on line TV Go viewing.  Is there anything I can do myself to rectify this?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation