Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Live TV??

New Poster

Live TV??

I just purchased the internet plus service with limited basic cable channels.  The woman on the phone, the website and now customer service over chat have assured me that I can watch the limited basic channels LIVE ONLINE.  Bare with me, as I try to be as specific as possible, because I had a hard time communicating this to customer support.  

I take limited basic channels to mean, what it means on my tiny limited cable box.  Network Television plus local programming. For example:

ABC

NBC

FOX

CBS

CW

UPN

PBS

...and maybe a few local channels.

The are the major network channels.  I cannot find where to watch them LIVE online. I don't want to watch ON DEMAND SHOWS produced by those networks. I want to watch the channel LIVE,whatever is playing at that exact moment in my service area, online.  I was told that I would be able to.

Can someone please verify this is the case? and tell me how it is done?  Thank you.

Cable Expert

Re: Live TV??

Local network channels are not available streaming on the app or on a browser no matter what tier of service the subscriber has.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Live TV??

will it be ? 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation