Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Live TV streaming to CPU wont go full screen?

Regular Visitor

Live TV streaming to CPU wont go full screen?

So now when I login to watch Xfinity live TV streaming it asks if I want to try out the new method that will be released to everyone soon.  I click yes, it verifies my account through my network.  Great and all...

Now when I watch shows in this mode even when I click on the full screen icon it gets larger but still shows black bars on both sides and top and bottom.  It does not give me a full screen like the old mode does.   Is there a fix for this?

I can still use the original mode but if this is their new mode I assume they are going to be getting rid of the old mode.

Also the picture isnt nearly as clear as the old mode either.  Dissapointing.

Anyone have ideas on how to get full screen video?

Thanks!

Full Screen old:

Full screen old.jpg

Full Screen New

full screen new.jpg

New Poster

Re: Live TV streaming to CPU wont go full screen?

Same  Here... Started about the same time as you when it switched to the "new" online version via https://tv.xfinity.com/. Very dissapointing. No way to submit feedback via the Xfinity account options to let them know either (other then this forum).

Bronze Problem Solver

ajjackson23333 wrote:

Same  Here... Started about the same time as you when it switched to the "new" online version via https://tv.xfinity.com/. Very dissapointing. No way to submit feedback via the Xfinity account options to let them know either (other then this forum).

I can get the same results that have been shown, if I stream a HD channel I get no bars, but if I stream the same network std def channel I get bars. Verify you are streaming a HD channel.

Channel 5 ABC std def

Untitled1.jpg

Channel 805 ABC HD

Untitled.jpg

New Poster

I am having the same issue as Howry. I have been unable to get the outer information to go away when in full screen mode. It is extremely annoying. The picture quality is good so I cannot complain about that. Hopefully someone will figure this out. 

Thanks

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation