Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Live TV: Channels now match your subscription

Administrator
Administrator

Live TV: Channels now match your subscription

Starting today, you'll notice a change to the XFINITY TV app and website: The Live TV section is now free to me. The channels you see will be the ones you subscribe to. 

The OnDemand section has always been free to me, and we think making the same change to your channel lineup will help you find something to watch faster, and with less frustration. This is just the first of a few changes we're making to address your feedback, and one we can make outside of an app release. Future app releases will bring more improvements.

If a channel in your subscription goes missing or you notice any other problems with your channel lineup, please let us know so we can fix it as quickly as possible.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: Live TV: Channels now match your subscription

That's nice. Only a couple more fixes to get back to pre-"upgrade" functionality.

listings only shows 2 hrs, was selectable 1, 3, or 5 hrs
listings Channel height setting gone
listings Channel sorting order setting gone
listings Change lineup based on zip code gone
listings aren't marked if new
listings aren't color coded as kids, movie, or sports
listings favorite channels filter
listings "my channels" filter
can no longer change channel on cable boxes
filter for movies, sports, or kids, only for the next 2 hrs and not in listing format
jump to Prime time and Now buttons for listings are gone
listings search is gone
watch list is gone
recorded shows can not be played on tv
recorded shows are not sorted logically (most recent groups episodes together now)
recorded shows can no longer mark multiple shows for deletion
recorded shows can no longer be sorted by channel
recorded shows can no longer be sorted by viewing status
scheduled recordings can no longer be sorted by channel
scheduled recordings can no longer be sorted by title
advanced recording options have been limited
dvr series priority function is gone
on demand can no longer be played on tv
on demand movies can no longer be filtered for free with service
on demand pay per view movies are not available (explains lack of free filter)
on demand can no longer be filtered for new
on demand can no longer be filtered for genre
on demand can no longer be filtered for rating
on demand can no longer be sorted by release year
on demand movies can no longer be filtered for price
on demand play doesn't allow jumping back to rewatch a portion on some shows(no rewind)
on demand view all, can't jump to letter of alphabet, except on demand tv you can
on demand filter 'Ends soon' gone
removed commonsensemedia.org reviews from the program descriptions
watch history can no longer be cleared

Now what's been added:

stream live tv to device
filters for away for home, closed caption, and secondary audio
listings page auto scrolls to keep current time in view (though it does have a bug and stops auto scroll at times)
Emergency Alert System occurs on tv.xfinity.com webpage

What's wrong with new site:

SLOW
requires flash an old technology with security problems
listings shown can't always be trusted, when you move time into the future and jump back to current time, listings aren't always updated, future time shows are still shown at current time
some functions only work if logged in with main comcast account meaning main account log in must be known by all household members
devices have to registered do do anything
number of devices registered is limited to X (haven't found spec)
number of devices streaming at the same time is limited to 5
listing page colors - white text on black hard to see
"Available for download" filter mentioned in comcast announcement missing on web site
third party cookies must be allowed for site to work
dvr manager does not work with non x1 cable boxes
no in home filter so we don't watch an away from home show at home and drive up data useage
* when offered selection of version of on demand to watch, run length may different for each even though actual lengths are the same
* random errors: 5, 44, 1170, etc

Bronze Problem Solver

datsunrobbie wrote:

That's nice. Only a couple more fixes to get back to pre-"upgrade" functionality.

I love it, my list has been reposted!!!!

Here's the latest update (New items in this update are marked with an *):

What has remained:

there's still the listings but limited
there's still a filter function but limited
there's still a DVR manager but limited
there's still On Demand but limited

Now what's missing:

listings only shows 2 hrs, was selectable 1, 3, or 5 hrs
listings Channel height setting gone
listings Channel sorting order setting gone
listings Change lineup based on zip code gone
listings aren't marked if new
listings aren't color coded as kids, movie, or sports
listings favorite channels filter
listings "my channels" filter
can no longer change channel on cable boxes
filter for movies, sports, or kids, only for the next 2 hrs and not in listing format
jump to Prime time and Now buttons for listings are gone
listings search is gone
watch list is gone
recorded shows can not be played on tv
recorded shows are not sorted logically (most recent groups episodes together now)
recorded shows can no longer mark multiple shows for deletion
recorded shows can no longer be sorted by channel
recorded shows can no longer be sorted by viewing status
scheduled recordings can no longer be sorted by channel
scheduled recordings can no longer be sorted by title
advanced recording options have been limited
dvr series priority function is gone
on demand can no longer be played on tv
on demand movies can no longer be filtered for free with service
on demand pay per view movies are not available (explains lack of free filter)
on demand can no longer be filtered for new
on demand can no longer be filtered for genre
on demand can no longer be filtered for rating
on demand can no longer be sorted by release year
on demand movies can no longer be filtered for price
on demand play doesn't allow jumping back to rewatch a portion on some shows(no rewind)
on demand view all, can't jump to letter of alphabet, except on demand tv you can
on demand filter 'Ends soon' gone
removed commonsensemedia.org reviews from the program descriptions
watch history can no longer be cleared

Now what's been added:

stream live tv to device
filters for away for home, closed caption, and secondary audio
listings page auto scrolls to keep current time in view (though it does have a bug and stops auto scroll at times)
Emergency Alert System occurs on tv.xfinity.com webpage

What's wrong with new site:

SLOW
requires flash an old technology with security problems
listings shown can't always be trusted, when you move time into the future and jump back to current time, listings aren't always updated, future time shows are still shown at current time
some functions only work if logged in with main comcast account meaning main account log in must be known by all household members
devices have to registered do do anything
number of devices registered is limited to X (haven't found spec)
number of devices streaming at the same time is limited to 5
listing page colors - white text on black hard to see
"Available for download" filter mentioned in comcast announcement missing on web site
third party cookies must be allowed for site to work
dvr manager does not work with non x1 cable boxes
no in home filter so we don't watch an away from home show at home and drive up data useage
when offered selection of version of on demand to watch, run length may different for each even though actual lengths are the same
random errors: 5, 44, 1170, etc
* on listings page, scroll down to a channel a page or two down, click right arrow to advance time, and taken back to begining of channel list
* scheduled recordings are not alway correct, website list is missing some that are on tv guide view
* recordings list are not alway correct, website list does not always match list on tv guide view

Upcoming improvements to new site based on ComcastDan's posts:

* compact grid
* favorite channels
* watchlist
* skip ahead for in home on demand
* not require flash (currently needed by digital rights management (DRM) platform
* quick channel finder
* filter to hide the channels to which you don't subscribe

Did I miss anything? Any inaccuracies?

Regular Contributor

ComcastJohnL wrote:

Starting today, you'll notice a change to the XFINITY TV app and website: The Live TV section is now free to me. The channels you see will be the ones you subscribe to. 

The OnDemand section has always been free to me, and we think making the same change to your channel lineup will help you find something to watch faster, and with less frustration. This is just the first of a few changes we're making to address your feedback, and one we can make outside of an app release. Future app releases will bring more improvements.

If a channel in your subscription goes missing or you notice any other problems with your channel lineup, please let us know so we can fix it as quickly as possible.

Well, that's one encouraging improvement, but you have a long way to go. I do have one channel in my subscription that doesn't show up on the website guide. I called support, and it showed up, but now it's gone again. It's channel 22 and the HD version, 722 in zip code 94118. It's supposed to be on all the subscription levels.

New Poster

Re:No TV: Channels listings

Where is the TV listings?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Re:No TV: Channels listings

dallasmead wrote:

The new site is here:

https://tv.xfinity.com/listings

New Poster

Except for the past 2 weeks I have someone else account for the live tv listings and line up but, what I can watch is still what I pay for.  I am not logged in as them but I have their line up (tho only can play what is on my account, does not affect the cable box only online is broken).

Example: Lets I am in Denver, CO, but the line up I get on https://tv.xfinity.com/listings is for a person in Fort Collins, CO.  I reported this to Comcast 2 weeks ago.

New Poster

Oh, so is that why my account is so messed up AGAIN.  Now Xfinity TV won't let me watch ANYTHING!  I paid extra trying to hold on to xfinity during a move...partly so that I could at least watch on my computer while I was in the middle of the move and of course Xfinity can't get anything right.  I have never seen a company that works SO HARD to force customers to leave them.  This is the last straw.  Dumping all of my boxes off at the closest place I can find just as soon as they are open.  Worthless...

Official Employee

renc wrote:

Oh, so is that why my account is so messed up AGAIN.  Now Xfinity TV won't let me watch ANYTHING!  I paid extra trying to hold on to xfinity during a move...partly so that I could at least watch on my computer while I was in the middle of the move and of course Xfinity can't get anything right.  I have never seen a company that works SO HARD to force customers to leave them.  This is the last straw.  Dumping all of my boxes off at the closest place I can find just as soon as they are open.  Worthless...

Sorry you're having trouble but this new feature enhancement is not the reason. Looking at your account, I see that it has been disconnected. Please contact us at 800-XFINITY to learn the account number for your new residence and ensure your login information has been transferred properly.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

ComcastDan wrote:

renc wrote:

Sorry you're having trouble but this new feature enhancement is not the reason. Looking at your account, I see that it has been disconnected. Please contact us at 800-XFINITY to learn the account number for your new residence and ensure your login information has been transferred properly.

Like that guy is going to bother with you people again, after he paid extra money to remain online during a ove and you then disconnected him.

New Poster

NOT TRUE

Regular Contributor

bengal7821 wrote:

NOT TRUE

You have to push the "Quote" button so people will know who you are replying to.

Regular Contributor

swanda wrote:

ComcastJohnL wrote:

Well, that's one encouraging improvement, but you have a long way to go. I do have one channel in my subscription that doesn't show up on the website guide. I called support, and it showed up, but now it's gone again. It's channel 22 and the HD version, 722 in zip code 94118. It's supposed to be on all the subscription levels.

Since I posted this and got no reaction here, two days ago I went on the chat support and reported my missing channels. (I had reported it a few weeks ago, and that time it got fixed, but it happened again.)I got transfered to three different people who tried various things, all of which took about half an hour, and the last person said it would be escalated to a higher tier and I would get an answer within 48 hours. So today, almost exactly 48 hours, I got a phone message saying it was a known issue and would be fixed with the next upgrade. No estimate of when the next upgrade will take place - a week, a month, next year? Meanwhile, when I record something on my DVR on that channel, it doesn't show up on the website. I have learned over the years to expect lousy service from Comcast, and I got it once again.

New Poster

All I want to be able to do is watch my local (Philly) sports teams on my phone when I'm away from home. Will that ever be available?
Frequent Visitor

To Swanda:

Have you tried asking for an account credit for the DVR services you can not utilize ?  I know it is not a fix but at least you are not paying for the  provided service while it is in the process of

being patched. 

New Poster

Cnbc is missing from my lineup. This channel is THE reason that I signed up with Comcast.
Official Employee

Aa20 wrote:
Cnbc is missing from my lineup. This channel is THE reason that I signed up with Comcast.

I see 4 different versions of CNBC available to your account. Are these not available on the website or XFINITY TV app?

IMG_0075.PNG

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Service Expert
Moved:

New Poster

So I just checked again and CNBC channel 59 (and 266 and 1121 ) is now back on my TV lineup. It hasn't been available on my tv all day (I do not know when this started since I've been away from home for several days).
I will be happy now if it stays there 🙂

CNBC is also on my TV GO app.
Silver Problem Solver

Aa20 wrote:
So I just checked again and CNBC channel 59 (and 266 and 1121 ) is now back on my TV lineup. It hasn't been available on my tv all day (I do not know when this started since I've been away from home for several days).
I will be happy now if it stays there 🙂

CNBC is also on my TV GO app.

Sounds like you are in the Chicago area, as 266 is the HD version around here. Comcast created those new 1xxx numbers Thursday morning, and it seems to have caused all sorts of weird problems.

New Poster

most of my program guide online is missing 

ComcastJohnL wrote:

Regular Visitor

Hi,

I've seen quite a few postings here, but nothing about local listings.  Unable to view local listings for zip code 46240.  As previously noted zip code change is no longer an option.  Any idea when the update/fix will be complete? Thanks

New Poster

I live in ZIP 93950 and have limited basic service.  I primarily watch PBS, and sometimes Big Bang Theory reruns.  I used to be able to get a simple listing of programs playing live today on Comcast.  Now, on the crazy updated Xfinity site, I cannot find anything like that simple current listing of things I can watch, along with simple descriptions of the programs.  What am I doning wrong?  Where can I find what I used to have?  Do you no longer provide that information based on my specific account subscription?

New Poster

I am so frustrated with this "update".  There are no channel numbers, only two hours show at a time, and as for it matching my line-up, it doesn't.  Are these issues that are going to be fixed or am I stuck with this now almost useless guide?  Is there a way to go back to the guide before the "update".  It doesn't even have a way to put in my zip code and get the channels in my area. Smiley Sad

Please fix this.  My eyesight isn't good, and I count on being able to look at my channel guide on the computer, as I cannot see it well on my tv.

I'm exremely disappointed and frustrated.

New Poster

TV Channel listings page is still BLANK!! What happen to it?

mvenanzi wrote:

dallasmead wrote:

The new site is here:

NO it isn't.

Bronze Problem Solver

dallasmead wrote:

TV Channel listings page is still BLANK!! What happen to it?

mvenanzi wrote:

dallasmead wrote:

The new site is here:

NO it isn't.

Yes it is if it works for you. See

Untitled.jpg

Regular Visitor

I contacted you about this on Fri, 11/18 and apparently several others did too.  I suspect you haven't replied because you're busy fixing your enhancement.  Again, any idea when this will be corrected?  Or perhaps you can suggest an alternate method of checking my channel line-up?   It's quite frustrating when something changes without warning, with no instructions, alternatives or work around.  Thanks xfinity!

New Poster

I have had the tv listings on the stream via tv.xfinity.com constantly changing in the last 4 days.  Sometimes it shows the full list and sometimes a few channels.  I've talked to comcast 3 times with 2 of them being level 2 support.  They have no idea why my tv listings are appearing...then disappear a few hours later. 

I'd like to add that I was streaming fine for over a eyar and never had this happen until Nov 19th. 

New Poster

The coloring and format of the TV listings is a bit hard on the eyes. Also, the search criteria for On Demand movies is gone. I used to be able to search by many choices. In my opinion, this was a step backwards.

Regular Visitor

Hi...Not sure if it's fixed or a fluke, but it's working now.  It's always worked perfectly; never had a problem until a week or so ago. Let's hope it's fixed and not a fluke.

Regular Contributor

Why is there no option to create a favorites list? Then filter the guide by that favorites list?
Service Expert

joenhre08 wrote:
Why is there no option to create a favorites list? Then filter the guide by that favorites list?

My understanding is that it is in development.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

ComcastJohnL wrote:

Empty words. I posted here more than two weeks ago that I was missing a channel on the website guide, and I have used chat and phone support since then with no help. The last time I called support a week ago I was told someone would call back within 24 hours. That was a lie.

Regular Contributor

Comcast needs to fix the Comcast of Garden State, NJ Live TV channel line up. Channels 2 thru 99 are incorrect not even showing Local channels like 3, 6 & 10

Regular Visitor

What difference does it make?  It is impossible to stream video from the comcast live streaming site anyway.  It only works to go directly to the network sites.  So why would I continue to go to the comcast site to see the listings?  I can tvguide or titantv if I want to see what's on tv..

Problem Solver

GS6 wrote:

What difference does it make?  It is impossible to stream video from the comcast live streaming site anyway.  It only works to go directly to the network sites.  So why would I continue to go to the comcast site to see the listings?  I can tvguide or titantv if I want to see what's on tv..

Or my favorite..     http://www.zap2it.com       Smiley Happy

This "new way" is definitely not user friendly..  

ciao, bj

Regular Visitor

this is not true at all. I have limited cable and have to scroll through a hoard of channels I dont even get.

Frequent Visitor

I have been having a problem constantly with the live tv channel lineup, which the most of the time does not show channels before 13 which is ESPN, and of course includes FOX, CBS, ABC, and a few local channels. The majority of the time I see this happen, and I can do nothing to change it. Occasionally I refresh and it fixes itself, or if I haven't actually been watching at all for hours, I'll refresh and it fixes itself then too. But this fixing itself thing is quite random and is hardly frequent, so I have a hard time watching prime time shows live that happen to be on any of the channels NOT listed. I will include a screenshot of it as it is at this moment.

Comcast 12-04-2016.PNG
Regular Contributor

I had previously posted that there was a channel in my subscription, 22 and 722 in San Francisco, which doesn't show up in the website channel guide. I had called support and was told it would show up again at some unknown time. I just called support again, and got a tier 2 agent who told me something different. He said that channel was flagged as not eligible to be shown on the web site guide, set recordings from the web site, or view DVR recordings on the web site. He said the channel, which is a PBS station, must not have an agreement with Comcast to permit these things. He also said it is the only channel in my subscription which is flagged in that way. I told him I doubted that a PBS station would disallow those things, and it must be a Comcast error. He agreed that may be the case, but there wasn't anything he could do about it. What an incompetent organization.

Service Expert

swanda wrote:

I had previously posted that there was a channel in my subscription, 22 and 722 in San Francisco, which doesn't show up in the website channel guide. I had called support and was told it would show up again at some unknown time. I just called support again, and got a tier 2 agent who told me something different. He said that channel was flagged as not eligible to be shown on the web site guide, set recordings from the web site, or view DVR recordings on the web site. He said the channel, which is a PBS station, must not have an agreement with Comcast to permit these things. He also said it is the only channel in my subscription which is flagged in that way. I told him I doubted that a PBS station would disallow those things, and it must be a Comcast error. He agreed that may be the case, but there wasn't anything he could do about it. What an incompetent organization.

I have no way to check, but my understanding is that "PBS" in my market (Houston) is actually a service of The University of Houston.

It may be that PBS in your market is controlled by another entity that blocks those capabilities.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

RobertWy wrote:

swanda wrote:

I have no way to check, but my understanding is that "PBS" in my market (Houston) is actually a service of The University of Houston.

It may be that PBS in your market is controlled by another entity that blocks those capabilities.

The thing is, I had the station on the website until they initiated the "Channels now match your subscription" thing. That's when it disappeared. I can't believe that is the moment the PBS station decided to not allow it on the website. 

Frequent Visitor

I guess that Comcast really doesn't care about the problems with their service. Perhaps they will pay more attention when I stop paying the bill.

New Poster

this is not true. i called for help and after an hour they said hold on and then the recording came on that there was a :20 wait....this after an hour, being transferred MANY TIMES and nothing resolved!!!

New Poster

I am missing a ton of channels. I was watching Live TV two nights ago when it suddenly stopped. I figured it was a glitch (because there are many) and went to start it back up but the channel is missing, along with about 100 others.

I have the Digital Preferred Plus plan and my Live TV is showing 75 total channels. I am missing a huge block from 32 to 96, 107 to 163, 165 to 231, 234 to 301, 331 to 598 and many more scattered about.

Is this what I get for the money I pay?

Service Expert

jeremymckay3327 wrote:

I am missing a ton of channels. I was watching Live TV two nights ago when it suddenly stopped. I figured it was a glitch (because there are many) and went to start it back up but the channel is missing, along with about 100 others.

I have the Digital Preferred Plus plan and my Live TV is showing 75 total channels. I am missing a huge block from 32 to 96, 107 to 163, 165 to 231, 234 to 301, 331 to 598 and many more scattered about.

Is this what I get for the money I pay?

Did you call Comcast customer service?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

This is not the case for me.  None of the channels in the Live TV listings match my channels.  Disappointing.

New Poster

So, with the new Live TV guide:

I have an incomplete listing of the channels I subscribe to

I am unable to delete the listing of the channels I do not subscribe to

I am no longer able to filter out the channels I subscribe to, but am uninterested in

and this is an "Improvement"?

FAIL

Yet another reason to seriously consider other service providers.

Service Expert
Moved:

New Poster

I can't find "free for me" or anything I can watch except NBA and Music which I don't want.  What happened to my channels?  Can you point me to a page that's not the same page I've been pointed to by the chat team because it's where I've been looking. Thank you.

Service Expert

ijustwant wrote:

I can't find "free for me" or anything I can watch except NBA and Music which I don't want.  What happened to my channels?  Can you point me to a page that's not the same page I've been pointed to by the chat team because it's where I've been looking. Thank you.

What device are you using - smartphone app, PC?

Are you logged into your default comcast.net userid/password?

Which market are you in?

What Comcast tier are you paying for? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats