Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Live Streaming only has sound

New Poster

Live Streaming only has sound

For the past few days, I am only able to listen to the live stream on Xfinity to go.  There is no picture/video showing.  I have troubleshooted and checked setting, etc.  Is there a problem with the feed. I have tried to access the live feed at three different locations with the same result.  

New Poster

Re: Live Streaming only has sound

Same issue for me too. I ended up having to switch to safari browser, download the latest update of Flash to get it to work. However I don't normally use Safari and in general just don't like using it. So its annoying while using Chrome for everything but LiveTV and having to switch to safari just for the LiveTV part. This started today for me as well. 

Regular Visitor

I am seeing (actually, not seeing) the same issue. Using Chrome for Mac, latest version. tv.xfinity.com is not a substitute, because my channel lineup does not have HD versions of some channels that I am able to stream (for example, BBC World News and C-SPAN 3). 

Regular Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue. Any update?

New Poster

I have found the same issue on my PC and my MAC.  I have a new modem on order so that may resolve it.  My Speeds are 25/10 and should be 200/10.  I will update if this fixes the issue.  maybe it is a bandwidth problem.  The Mac is a 2015 imac and the PC is a 9 month old Win10 HP Pavilion.  Both are used daily and everything else including other web videos work fine in Chrome. 

New Poster

Update - after trying my streaming in Safari, all of the live streams from Weather Channel to CNN seem to be working. However FOX seems to not be working in Safari at all.  I can hear Fox in Chrome but not even that in Safari.  I have waited and tested over and over again and it seems that FOX News is being interruped?  or appears to be interrupted  based on what is happening today 9/14/16 at 9:13 PST.  When I switch back to Chrome, I can again hear the Fox Live feed but not see it?  Is anyone else noticing the same thing?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation