Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Listings incorrectly show the recording status

Regular Contributor

Listings incorrectly show the recording status

In zip 94087.  I'm logged in and the correct channels and shows are listed.  However, when I click on a show which is set up to record the series, the TV listing indicates that both the series and the specific episode are not scheduled.  However, the on-line DVR Status indicates that the series is scheduled and it lists some but not all of the upcoming episodes.  This always makes we wonder if the actual DVR is correct - so I go check the DVR and so far it has listed the upcoming shows. 

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the TV show listings and the On-line DVR status and the actual DVR agreed with each other? 

--Larry

Regular Contributor

Re: Listings incorrectly show the recording status

I guess I'm the only person seeing this issue?  Or maybe it's just not interesting?

I'll just keep checking my actual DVR to make sure it is doing the right things.  There seems to be no hope that the Comcast/Xfinity online TV listing will ever do what they should.

--Larry

Silver Problem Solver

It does work, why it does not I have no idea, have you power cycled the box.

Regular Contributor

rog286713,  Your reply doesn't make any sense to me. What does "It does work, why it does not I have no idea" mean?

I'm not having an issue with the box (I guess you mean the DVR) - it seems to be correct.  The on-line TV listings (on the web) are the issue. 

--Larry

Silver Problem Solver

are you sure your zip code is set correctly and have you logged out of your account and back in and restarted your computer.   I guess what I meant to say was no one else is reporting this issue, and I dont see it on my end so its something local to you. 

Regular Contributor

I've been having the same issue for a couple of weeks. If I try to record something I already have set to record, I get a generic error. Recordings show up correctly in the DVR manager, but in the listings, nothing shows as being set to record. 

Regular Contributor

In the good old days, before the on-line TV listings were updated a few times, the show listing had an indicator of whether it was scheduled to be recorded.  You didn't have to click on the show listing to see if it was scheduled.  I guess that was too convenient.  But now things are even more improved where every show episode and series is listed as not scheduled to record.

I'm sure glad that I don't have to pay much for Comcast TV and all of its facilities.

--Larry

Regular Contributor

Yeah, I've been complaining about that ever since they took it away. It worked on the android app for a while after that, until they 'updated' it about a hundred times.

Still wish they would get this fixed. It takes twice as long to set recordings, since the only way to find out is to try and record and get the error, or have the DVR manager running beside the TV listings. 

Unfortunately, until a larger number than 2 complain, they won't pay any attention

Regular Contributor

How about if I complain again?  Oh, I just did!!

--Larry

Regular Contributor

Still Happening

Regular Contributor

Yes, still happening.  This part of the on-line TV listings is COMPLETELY useless since they always say the series and episode are not scheduled for recording.

--Larry

Regular Contributor

Funny, I just went in to try and set shows for recording and they wanted me to take a survey. I took it alright. What can we do to improve? Make the site work and listed to customers

Regular Contributor

If anyone from Comcast happens to stumble across this thread, this is what I get if I try to record a show or series that is already set to record. Otherwise, I can't tell what is set. The old modify button no longer appears.

Comcast01 Apr. 22 16.53.jpg

Regular Contributor

They also asked me to take the survey.  It seemed to be aimed primarily at the DVR manager but you couldn't really tell since it kept refering to "this site" rather than making it clear which site was intended.  I just love surveys that do not provide the context for the questions. 

I did make a point of complaining about the recording status on the TV listings and the often inaccurate show listings.  And I mentioned Zap2It is the place where I go to get correct listings.

--Larry

Regular Contributor

Today (Wed, April 24) in 94087 the recording status in the on-line TV show listings are CORRECT!

I sure hope they stay that way.  And thanks to whomever did the fixing!

--Larry

Regular Contributor

Yes, fixed for me also. Thanks

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation