Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Limited to 3 devices but cannot delete any? Message 4010

New Poster

Limited to 3 devices but cannot delete any? Message 4010

I tried to watch a TV program on my computer this evening and I get a message saying "I am limited to three devices". I have never seen this before although I watched a program just last night. I clicked on the "manage my devices" site and tried to delete one of the devices but none of them would delete and I got a "Product device could not be deleted (4010)" message.

New Poster

Re: Computer Users

The same thing is happening to me I only use one computer to watch videos but its saying I've used three and it won't let me delete any devices.

New Poster

Error 4010

Does this question *ever* get an answer that actually works?!?  Happening to me right now.  Error 4010 - oh, how helpful this error is - every time I try to get rid of one of these devices.

New Poster

Re: Error 4010

Having worked for Comcast before I can tell you that they DO get this solved. It is the beauracracy that gets in the way. What we need is some poor sap who's getting paid minimum wage but is a genius to go "Hey, that needs to go to the SOC, I'll just call and tell them." But alas, if they actually did that, they would either get reamed out by the person in the SOC for not following protocol or admonished by their manager for not following procedure. Or worse yet, both. The poor guys/gals who answer us are either doing their very best or they are following orders.

Has anyone else noticed that you also cannot rename a device?

New Poster

I'm still having this issue, happened just tonight. I understand about the beauracracy of corporations. I work in one.

The question we all have is if there is anything we can do to fix the problem? Should we be calling a specific number? talking to a specific department? Or what.

New Poster

Re: Limited to 3 devices but cannot delete any? Message 4010

Also having this issue... Quite annoying...

Frequent Visitor

I am getting the same error.  My account claims that I have three computers authorized on my account, but I've only ever used one computer.  Now it won't let me watch Rizzoli and Isles on my computer because you're only allowed to have three computers authorized.  When I go to CustomerCentral to manage devices it will not allow me to delete any of the authorized computers because they are all the same computer and it is the computer I'm on trying to delete them from.   Strangely enough I can watch other shows, for example White Collar worked just fine.

New Poster

Having this issue as well. Only using one device. Unable to remove it with the same error 4010. Can anybody from Comcast give an actual answer intead of a stupid generic response? Try not sucking like Direct TV. 

New Poster

Interesting that it is Rizzoli and Isles that I am trying to watch also? Watched Longmire last night with no problem. I will try another TV show and see what happens.

New Poster

Tried Franklin and Bash and got same error message.

Regular Visitor

Sadly, I am having the exact same issue and getting "Product device could not be deleted (4010)" error.

I know this issue ocurred to us in the past and was eventually fixed after repeated occurrences over a length of time. However, is there a possible est. time of resolving this issue and potential solution since it's quite obviously an on-going and reoccuring issue?

New Poster

Having same problem.  Spent an hour on the phone and was sent to advanced technical support.  They want $79.95 to rectify this problem.  I spend $220. month for cable and now have to spend an additional $80.00 to watch it.  What a racket.

If anyones interested the trouble ticket is Cr292081914

Since Comcast will not permit me to watch my cable without spending an additional $80.00 every time this problem comes up, I guess I will have to go to Verizon.  BTW the only device attached to my network is my laptop.

John in Pittsburgh PA.

Frequent Visitor

@LarryMike:  Interesting that Rizzoli and Isles and Franklin and Bash are on the same network.  Maybe it is a network related issue.

Official Employee

Hi all,

This issue should now be resolved.

Are you still seeing this issue?

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for your inconvenience,

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have not seen this issue since your posting, however the response was so slow and uncommunicative I kind of gave up on Xfinity on-line and streampix in particular. Please review my earlier post which explains that you a) admit the issue b) apologize and compensate c) fix the problem. While step C happened, nothing else did which is absolutely horrible customer service. You might think that fixing the service is customer service, well it's not. That's the bare minimum to be a provider such as you are. PLEASE  work on steps a and b regarless of what your corporate lawyers tell you.

Thanks,

Semi-satisfied customer

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation