Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Legacy DVR's

Contributor

Legacy DVR's

I have five Legacy DVR's, in the last month my app I use on my pc to control my DVR's, TV guide etc has changed to the one people with X1 boxes. I no longer can use my PC to control or see what is on my DVR's.

I am handicapped and it is very hard for me to go to each room to each separate DVR to program or see what is already programed. It was really nice to be able to do all this from my laptop, now, for me it is a hardship to have to try and maneuver to each room to access my DVR's.

Anyone have an idea if or when this problem with us Legacy DVR users will be resolved. Xfinity keeps telling me my ticket is open and they are working on it. I manage to get HBO free for three months, after complaining to the customer loyalty department.

I will be calling every week asking for another premium channel for free until this is fixed or ask for a partial refund.

New Poster

Re: Legacy DVR's

I am completely with yo on this one! How dare Comcast take this feature away without any warning. The entire IT staff that rolled out this "Upgrade" shouild be FIRED!!

Bronze Problem Solver

gary777 wrote:

I have five Legacy DVR's, in the last month my app I use on my pc to control my DVR's, TV guide etc has changed to the one people with X1 boxes. I no longer can use my PC to control or see what is on my DVR's.

I am handicapped and it is very hard for me to go to each room to each separate DVR to program or see what is already programed. It was really nice to be able to do all this from my laptop, now, for me it is a hardship to have to try and maneuver to each room to access my DVR's.

Anyone have an idea if or when this problem with us Legacy DVR users will be resolved. Xfinity keeps telling me my ticket is open and they are working on it. I manage to get HBO free for three months, after complaining to the customer loyalty department.

I will be calling every week asking for another premium channel for free until this is fixed or ask for a partial refund.

The only way to control non x1 cable boxes available now is using the xfinity tv remote app or the old fashioned remote control. If you don't have a tablet or cell phone to use or don't like or can't use small screens, you can use an andriod emulator to run the xfinity tv remote app on your computer.

Read more here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Get-your-PC-to-control-your-cable-box-again/m-p/2817...

Problem Solver

gary777 wrote:

Comcast has made NO announcements that they will return cable box control to the PC interface, especially for legacy DVRs. What they want you to use is a smartphone/tablet app instead (Xfinity TV Remote app).  Unfortunately, not everyone has or wants to use a smartphone and/or tablet.

My advice to you is to contact Comcast's Accessibility Support Center, and let them know how this change is affecting you. Information on how to contact them can be found in this link: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/account/accessibility-services/

Good luck.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation