Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Just wan to be able to see my home comcast (xfinity) that I can get on my cell phone on my ROKU

New Poster

Just wan to be able to see my home comcast (xfinity) that I can get on my cell phone on my ROKU

I do not speak Geek, so please whoever answers understand that a "thingy" is a technical term and possibly as technical as I am going to understand.  Here's the issue.  When I bought a ROKU tv around August of 2016, I did so with the understanding that Xfinity and ROKU were "partnering" and on the home screen of my ROKU, just as I now have "icons" for netflix, hulu (as well as input options such as hdmi and antenna), there would be an "icon" [or maybe it's an app(?), whatever] for xfinity.  So here's the thing.  I have a comcast/xfinity (whatever) account, and I can watch it of course on two tvs I already have, with boxes that I pay for monthly  The new tv is in a location where there is no cable connection, which is why I intentionally bought the ROKU as I was told I would be able to watch xfinity by the end of 2016 on my ROKU.  I can go online on my laptop and I connect to xfinity and I can see everything I can watch on my cable connected tvs. In any case I don't want to have to put in another cable connection and pay an extra fee per month to wax xfinity in the living room, expecially if ROKU is actually going to be able to connect in the near future.  However, since I can watch xfinity live tv on my laptop,what do I have to do to watch xfinity live tv on the ROKU.  And I have updated the software as well as having checked in my network area, and I am connected (correctly) to my home wireless connection.  Furthermore, I keep seeing something in commercials saying that xfinity can now be watched on any device having a screen (phone, laptop, tablet, etc), so if that is true, it seems I should be able to watch on my ROKU.  Neither ROKU nor comcast/xfinity technical support seem to be able to help.  Some of them don't know what I am talking about; some say the app will be available some time this year (heard that one before...) and others just say I can't do it.  Can you please help me?  I have a baseball bat, and I am not afraid to use it.  That way when the third world scammers call, I can tell them my tv is indeed sending out critical errors as it is in the hospital in critical condition...

Official Employee

Re: Just wan to be able to see my home comcast (xfinity) that I can get on my cell phone on my ROKU

leanar1 wrote:

I do not speak Geek, so please whoever answers understand that a "thingy" is a technical term and possibly as technical as I am going to understand.  Here's the issue.  When I bought a ROKU tv around August of 2016, I did so with the understanding that Xfinity and ROKU were "partnering" and on the home screen of my ROKU, just as I now have "icons" for netflix, hulu (as well as input options such as hdmi and antenna), there would be an "icon" [or maybe it's an app(?), whatever] for xfinity.  So here's the thing.  I have a comcast/xfinity (whatever) account, and I can watch it of course on two tvs I already have, with boxes that I pay for monthly  The new tv is in a location where there is no cable connection, which is why I intentionally bought the ROKU as I was told I would be able to watch xfinity by the end of 2016 on my ROKU.  I can go online on my laptop and I connect to xfinity and I can see everything I can watch on my cable connected tvs. In any case I don't want to have to put in another cable connection and pay an extra fee per month to wax xfinity in the living room, expecially if ROKU is actually going to be able to connect in the near future.  However, since I can watch xfinity live tv on my laptop,what do I have to do to watch xfinity live tv on the ROKU.  And I have updated the software as well as having checked in my network area, and I am connected (correctly) to my home wireless connection.  Furthermore, I keep seeing something in commercials saying that xfinity can now be watched on any device having a screen (phone, laptop, tablet, etc), so if that is true, it seems I should be able to watch on my ROKU.  Neither ROKU nor comcast/xfinity technical support seem to be able to help.  Some of them don't know what I am talking about; some say the app will be available some time this year (heard that one before...) and others just say I can't do it.  Can you please help me?  I have a baseball bat, and I am not afraid to use it.  That way when the third world scammers call, I can tell them my tv is indeed sending out critical errors as it is in the hospital in critical condition...

The XFINITY TV app for Roku is planned to release soon. We haven't announced the precise date but will post here in the Forums and elsewhere when it is available. I appologize for the delay.

There is an extensive discussion on this here as well: 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV-App/Xfinity-TV-on-Roku/m-p/2834869#U2834869

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation