Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Just finished DIY basement install and X1 does not work.

New Poster

Just finished DIY basement install and X1 does not work.

Recently, I completed finishing my basement. I'm my house is less than two years old. Here's the issue I have. I have two main rooms. I have a bar area where there is coax ports for three tvs and one home heater area where there is one coax port. Comcast came out and ran the wiring into my house and tied in the builders coax with their own amp upon move in of the home two years ago. In other words Comcast used their own amp, not the builders. I had no more open ports on the amp to install the basement wiring so I used a splitter on one port and ran a coax off that to feed the basement. This coax line runs to my central closet under the stairs and feeds into a 3 way powered splitter (amplifier) that I purchased from menards which then feeds the tv room area, the bar room area, and then I also ran a line to my garage as well from there. Once split to the bar area, there is another splitter that separates this single line into the three ports for the tv lines. When I originally ran all of this. I test all of the lines with the legacy boxes and they work just fine. I recently switched over to x1 and now it does not work. I keep getting an error code RDK-03036, which with even a little bit of research appears that I have a MoCa problem. Would I be able to fix this issue given my current set up or would I have to re-wire everything?
Official Employee

Re: Just finished DIY basement install and X1 does not work.

The problem is that your amp that you bought isn't passing moca. Moca is what the boxes use to communicate. Change that amp to a splitter and it should work.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Just finished DIY basement install and X1 does not work.

Ok I will try that today after work. Is there a splitter that you recommend that I would be able to pick up at say, frys electronics or Best Buy?
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation