Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Jerky video when playback through PC

New Poster

Jerky video when playback through PC

I am experiencing jerky looking video only when playing back using a PC.  I have tried multiple pc's all of them high end.  The Stream app works fine on Ipad at same location.  It is not an internet connection speed issue.  I have tried multiple browsers etc.  It's really a shame that you have the stream app blocked from out of home use on Apple TV/ Roku, etc.  The jerky video is not exhibited on any of the direct websites live video feeds such as fox news, netflick's, history, etc etc.  It is only exhibited through the Xfinity web site. 

If you google the issue you will find hundreds of posts on the subject with no solutions.....

Service Expert

Re: Jerky video when playback through PC

Are you using a wifi connection?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Jerky video when playback through PC

I'm having the same issue.  The streaming on-demand and live are both choppy.  The audio is full of static sort of clicks.  I'm using multiple computers that I've used to watch the Xfinity website for years and this wasn't an issue before.  I just emailed them about it, hopefully, they'll figure out what the issue is and fix it.

In the meantime, what I do when it happens is go to the originating website and watch it there.  For example, I'll go to HBO-Go to watch GoT or CBS to watch one of their shows, etc.  Unfortunately, the show I'm trying to watch now isn't available on the network's website.  So, I'll probably end up paying for it on Amazon, which blows since Xfinity already costs an arm and a leg,

Sorry, I don't have a fix for you, but I thought I would vent my frustrations along with you. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation