Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Issue with Xfinity TV app for Android

Regular Visitor

Issue with Xfinity TV app for Android

I tried using Xfinity TV app on my Android set top box. Using version 3.10 and later gives me error message something to the fact that I can't use it on a mobile device(?) Is it erroneously thinking I am not on my Comcast home network? Then I switched to an older 3.2 version, there was no problem running it. But I want to use a newer version in hope of some improvement in the app.

Regular Visitor

Re: Issue with Xfinity TV app for Android

Update on the issue. I have tried installing the Xfinity TV apps again. From current version 3.11 to 3.5, they all gave the error message that I can view this video (actually nothing worked)  on mobile device only (see attached picture). Version 3.2 still works as I previously indicated.

This error message is kind of ridiculous since there is Xfinity app for Roku, that is clearly not for mobile devices. If Comcast wants to block any video signal out to HDMI port for security reasons, Roku output is to HDMI too.

xfinity error.jpg
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation