Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Issue with Favorites Guide

Contributor

Issue with Favorites Guide

Still trying to get an answer on this. So far know luck. I favorited channel 1205 (ESPN) along with other channels in the new Xfinity channel neighborhoods. However when I use the favorites guide option (which I really like) I only can now see channel 202 (ESPN). I want to see my favorites show up in the new channel neighborhoods. Wasn’t this the point of adding these? Not sure why this went away. Hoping somebody from Comcast will respond this time.
Service Expert

Re: Issue with Favorites Guide

JMO29 wrote:
Still trying to get an answer on this. So far know luck. I favorited channel 1205 (ESPN) along with other channels in the new Xfinity channel neighborhoods. However when I use the favorites guide option (which I really like) I only can now see channel 202 (ESPN). I want to see my favorites show up in the new channel neighborhoods. Wasn’t this the point of adding these? Not sure why this went away. Hoping somebody from Comcast will respond this time.

the channels numbers we 'see' are virtual channels in that they are 'assigned' by Comcast. the same 'frequency' of a linear channel can appear more than one time (202 & 1205 in your example). originally people complained on a very long thread about the same channel appearing two times- what you probably want or perhaps you just want the higher channel number. It appears (never said by Comcast) that they stopped putting the 4 digit channel numbers in favorites. Today they issued a new Xfinity (iOS) TV Remote App that has returned the ability to pick and choose (for example only have 1205) your favorite actual channel number. The X1 set top box does not show the same features yet but I'm guessing it a soon to be upgraded feature for the set top box too.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Makes sense. I just set the app up that way. Now if only the X1 box could just mirror this. Would still love someone from Comcast to respond.
FD812DA7-BEBE-4D86-A4BC-77978ADD00F0.jpeg
Service Expert

You have filters (2). What is the other filter?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation