Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Issue w/sports channels and On Demand (CableCARD)

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Issue w/sports channels and On Demand (CableCARD)

Approximately two (2) months ago, a bad storm fried my CableCARD.  New one was installed and seemed to be working correctly.  However, since that time, I have noticed that the HD sports channels (ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, NBCSN, etc.) are very glitchy and the Comcast On Demand is not working.  Anything I want to watch on the sports channels I end up watching in SD.  As to the On Demand, the show will start, but then immediately stop playing.  The timer is running as if it is still playing, but the screen gets stuck.  No issues with any other channels.

I know there are things I can do to trouble shoot (before having to call Comcast for a new CableCARD), just hoping to get pointed in the right direction.

Accepted Solution

Re: Issue w/sports channels and On Demand (CableCARD)

UPDATE

So the pixelation was the result of bad connections.  Comcast tech replaced all of my connections inside and outside of the house, which seemed to fix that problem.

As to the On Demand issue, that took quite a bit longer.  After connections had all been replaced, the On Demand was still freezing after a couple of seconds into the show.  Comcast tech had to call Comcast for assistance.  They don't deal with CableCARDs all that frequently, so fixing issues with them can be a pain.  Ultimately it ended up being a coding issue which the person on the phone was able to correct.  By the time I left my house, both of my issues had been resolved.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi Baundy. I can assist with troubleshooting your HD Sports and On Demand issues on your CableCard. I will need to start with a review of your provisioning and entitlements. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Baundy wrote: ... HD sports channels (ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, NBCSN, etc.) are very glitchy and the Comcast On Demand is not working. ...

Also see Tivo installation and troubleshooting articles:
    CableCARD Installation
    CableCARD Troubleshooting
    Troubleshooting Digital Signals

Frequent Visitor

UPDATE

ComcastJoeTru sent new pairing/provisional signals to my CableCARD yesterday, but that did not resolve the issue (although I appreciate the effort).  Spoke on the phone with a Tier-3 tech last night, but that didn't resolve the issue either.  Tier-3 tech noted that pixelation is usually not an issue with the CableCARD (which I had read on here), but usually a signal issue.  Getting a home visit today to see if the storm from a few months ago might have messed up any of the hardware, such as the wiring or splitters.

On a side note, the pixelation on the HD sports channels seems to be worse at night (when more people would be watching the same channels).  Not sure if that means anything, but it is something I noticed.  Home visit is this morning, so I'm probably going to look like a crazy person because the pixelation probably won't be that bad.  The On Demand issue happens at all times though.

Frequent Visitor

UPDATE

So the pixelation was the result of bad connections.  Comcast tech replaced all of my connections inside and outside of the house, which seemed to fix that problem.

As to the On Demand issue, that took quite a bit longer.  After connections had all been replaced, the On Demand was still freezing after a couple of seconds into the show.  Comcast tech had to call Comcast for assistance.  They don't deal with CableCARDs all that frequently, so fixing issues with them can be a pain.  Ultimately it ended up being a coding issue which the person on the phone was able to correct.  By the time I left my house, both of my issues had been resolved.

Official Employee

Hi Baundy. I am glad to hear you were able to finally get your issues resolved. 

Please feel free to create a new post if you need anything else. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation