New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Issue Accessing TV Streaming

ANSWERED
New Poster

Issue Accessing TV Streaming

Hello,

I had a call elevated for this issue. I never received a call back from an engineer, but did get an automated call back today saying my issue was resolved. I tested it again and I'm still having the same problems. I'll try here and see if my issue can be resolved.

Long story short, I've moved around a few times in the past year. The first time I moved all of my services worked as expected. This last time I moved, my access to tv.xfinity.com and tvgo.xfinity.com has not worked as well as access to the Xfinity TV GO android app. I also had my DVR replaced after my last move as my first DVR died. All devices are trying to access these services from my home network.

When I access tv.xfinity.com from my desktop PC or from my laptop, I receive the following error after logging in:
error1.PNG 
I used to be able to login, browse my channel lineup and watch live TV or content from my DVR.

When I access tvgo.xfinity.com from my desktop PC or from my laptop, I receive a channel lineup but every channel says "Subscription Required":
error2.PNG
And when I try to watch a channel, I receive the following:

error3.PNG

I also cannot manage my DVR from this website anymore, I receive the following error when trying to do so:

error6.PNG

When I try to login through the Xfinity TV GO app on my Android phone, I receive the following error message:

error4.png 

Finally, when I login to HBOGO.com using my Xfinity credentials, I receive the following error message:

error5.PNG

My Xfinity X1 DVR works just fine. I can watch all my channels, manage the DVR and watch recorded content. I have even tried all of this from two other computers that have never been logged in before to any Xfinity service, both running different operating systems and web browsers from the two aforementioned computers. This isn't a device specific, OS specific, or web browser specific issue. Below are the details from the devices mentioned above along with the applications tested:

Desktop PC

----------------
Windows 10 Home

Wired and Wireless Home Network Connection
Google Chrome
Mozilla Firefox
Microsoft Edge

Laptop PC

----------------

Windows 10 Home

Wired and Wireless Home Network Connection
Google Chrome
Mozilla Firefox
Microsoft Edge

Android Phone

----------------

Motorola X 2014
Android 6.0.1

Wireless Home Network Connection

Xfinity TV GO App

I have cleared the web browser cache on all computers and I've even wiped my Android phone completely. I've tried logging in and out of my Xfinity account. My networking equipment is the same as it was at my previous addresses, they are as follows:

Modem: Cisco DPC3008
Router: Asus RT-N66R

I have tried connecting my computers to the modem directly to see if it was an issue with my router, but I still received the same error messages mentioned above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for your time.

Accepted Solution

Re: Issue Accessing TV Streaming

I gave another call today to Xfinity support. After three transfers and a little over an hour, one agent was able to transfer my account login to my current address. I guess the first time I moved the account wasn't transferred over. All services are working.

View answer in context
New Poster

Re: Issue Accessing TV Streaming

I gave another call today to Xfinity support. After three transfers and a little over an hour, one agent was able to transfer my account login to my current address. I guess the first time I moved the account wasn't transferred over. All services are working.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation