Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Iphone App Stopped Communicating With TV

Regular Visitor

Iphone App Stopped Communicating With TV

App has worked great until yesterday - Now it doesnt work at all - the TV name comes up on iphone but does not tune to stations - no errror codes just wifi symbol and chime - but channel doesnt change - - Please help -- - Started great for a few days  - then nothing but problems - - 

cable box is on approved list - DCT 700 - i tried trashing app the reinstalled  - did hard restart of phone - deleted all cookies and data - still nothing -- - This is the second time in the less than 2 weeks that I have cable that something worked as advertised from the start - then stopped completely - I am very frustrated with the service I have received thus far - - - - It has been about a year and a half since I was cableless - but now that I have gotten cable aagin - my experience has been terrible - Please try to turn my poor image od xfinity into a positive one 

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Iphone App Stopped Communicating With TV

Issues like this are usually something on comcasts end that fix themselves in a few days.  To make sure  you have tv controlled enabled click the tv tab top of this page, on the next page there will be a gear on the bottom right of the page click that, under devices and dvr's make sure tv control radio button says yes.

Official Employee

pamecchi wrote:

App has worked great until yesterday - Now it doesnt work at all - the TV name comes up on iphone but does not tune to stations - no errror codes just wifi symbol and chime - but channel doesnt change - - Please help -- - Started great for a few days  - then nothing but problems - - 

cable box is on approved list - DCT 700 - i tried trashing app the reinstalled  - did hard restart of phone - deleted all cookies and data - still nothing -- - This is the second time in the less than 2 weeks that I have cable that something worked as advertised from the start - then stopped completely - I am very frustrated with the service I have received thus far - - - - It has been about a year and a half since I was cableless - but now that I have gotten cable aagin - my experience has been terrible - Please try to turn my poor image od xfinity into a positive one 

Try deleting your history, cookies, and cache on your iPhone then try signing out and signing back it and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Deleted cookies / history and data - no change --- also went to website and turned on remote tv control under xfinity tv settings/manage cable boxes --
- note -- test on app still does nothing - also the button on the settings page on website that says 'show name on tv' does nothing - I assume that by pressing it the name of my cable box should appear on tv screen ---
Again this is very frustrating as this was working just fine a few days ago
Official Employee

pamecchi wrote:
Deleted cookies / history and data - no change --- also went to website and turned on remote tv control under xfinity tv settings/manage cable boxes --
- note -- test on app still does nothing - also the button on the settings page on website that says 'show name on tv' does nothing - I assume that by pressing it the name of my cable box should appear on tv screen ---
Again this is very frustrating as this was working just fine a few days ago

There is a ticket open for you. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

APP now seems to be working properly -- was not working this morning - tried again in afternoon - noticed it worked sporadically - but Internet was very slow during this time and i got a few error messages in app (never have seen this before) -- was hoping that maybe someone was troubleshooting the problem on your end - tried app after returning from ball game tonight and it is now working -
-- it would be great if you could let me know what the actual issue was and how it was resolved - thank you very much
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation